Work around for plugin alliance missing presets

after many wasted hours of looking for preset paths for P.A. presets i finally woke up and saw the obvious ,listed below is what i did
if this seems too obvious for you then just ignore this post but for those who are new to all this then i hope this helps.:
so if you look at the plugin of your choice from P.A.
you may notice that it May have no presets (internal) also you may notice that the cubase preset holder is not populated(external)
fear not … there may be other ways to fix this but this is what i did
and its so so simple
go to the P.A. website go to their support page look for the FAQ for presets ( yes this is an ongoing problem with the vendor but it does not effect their great products) look for the download presets …
proceed to download this…
upon completion open the zip file .
you will see your platform (pc or mac)
open the relevant file .
now this is where it gets good…

open up a second window to correspond to what the file says in the zip file…
eg… windows/users/“your account name” /roaming/ plugin aliance***
basically you follow the clicks from the zip file to your explorer /finder…
then when you cant go any further or when you see the files or path is missing in your explorer/finder …bingo just copy (drag) the files over…
Done…
one further thing you can do is to press F5 when all are selected or Windows …ctrl+A then F5
mac command +A then whatever button is for refresh…
this may or may not do anything but its an old thing we had to do in cubase for the presets files back in the day of cubase 5 etc…
any problems
pm me and i will try and get back to you asap
cheers
T

pls dont forget …
if this works or you find an even simpler way pls post on here…

hello the presets are there, sure, you have to go back in the window that manages the presets until you see the Plugin folder. You open the folder and voila. It’s a bit difficult to explain and I don’t have cubase in front of me.

Presets just show up where they are supposed to here…watcha runnin’? Mac, Windows?

Bill

like i said i got it working…
i just thought i would post my findings just in case others are having difficulty.
thanks for posting though guys and i am sure it will help others …
nice one :+1: :+1: :+1: