Workaround for orchestral brass section with Horns/Trombones on two staves

Hello,

I’m trying to format my brass section as seen in the attached image (please ignore the clefs which I know are wrong!)

To get the horns and trombones on two staves, I’ve created them using piano staves, and then altering the names.

Trouble is, now I can’t work out how to bracket the whole section.

Does anyone know a workaround for this, or is there a better way to set up?

Best and thanks in advance!
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 12.58.43.png

I’ve just tried a bit of a workaround I thought could work, but, alas, no dice. I think there’s currently no way to trick Dorico into doing this until the team builds the tools of the next abstraction layer to handle this natively or hands us the flexibility to edit the bracketing manually.

Thank you!

Dorico team, is there likely to be a solution to this before September 2018? (no worries if this impossible to ask)

C

(impossible to answer, I meant)

(You can edit your earlier response rather than adding a correction. Use the pencil button to recall the original post for editing. And we all knew what you meant anyway. :sunglasses: )

You won’t get brackets if you include piano staves.

As a workaround, you can use 2 horn staves and two trombone staves, then cover the staff labels with a graphics frame containing a white rectangle and add a text frame with the label for the 4 or 3 instruments.

Thomas
Brass2.png
Brass.png

Genius! Thank you! :slight_smile:

I would hope that we will have more flexible bracketing and bracing before September this year, yes, but obviously I can’t make any cast-iron guarantees: until something is actually done, anything can happen!