Workflow/Editing Improvements need to come fast...

If Nuendo doesn’t start offering some serious Editing/Workflow improvements and efficiencies for working in a Post environment this kind of app is going to eat SB’s lunch…

Integration with NLE’s and file sharing services. Storage space included…

15 / month … $399 for a forever license and a free tier ( say "education: ) Less that I pay annually for a Nuendo update which usually does nothing much to help me…

OK this exact tool might not be “the one” yet … but the writing is on the wall. Just saying…

I think it’s horrible, however I’m sure we will all eventually have to somewhat move that way. Bland boring and generic seems to be what they go for, but hey I’m sure someone will like random poop.

Saying that, a quick way to search, audition, sync up, replace, yes that stuff is pretty impressive. Media bay just isn’t doing that. But I really wouldn’t want to be in that race to the bottom game.

You could maybe be a bit more specific given that this is a section for feature requests and suggestions.

As have many, I have submitted dozens of ideas and requests over 30 or more years. My first suggestions were sent via Fax … true story. No point in listing them all here … that’s not my point.

I’m concerned SB are the victim of tunnel vision in respects to the workflows built into their products. Nearly everything that needs to be done can be done… but in many cases there are quicker and better ways to do things. The tools in Nuendo sometimes feel very retro and stuck in a Tape recorder/Track based paradigm. So I simply point out that other methodologies are being developed and used. And if they are superior then Nuendo won’t fair well.

For example, the last set of Podcasts I edited, I used a combination of editing the text from automatically generated transcripts, the results of which which were then applied to Audio in Final Cut Pro X which conformed the whole podcast in half a second. I then sweetened everything (the ripple editing works like a dream to remove ums and ahs… no sync issues even possible) and applied the usual processing. I know of what I speak and the edit was done in 50% of the time it takes in Nuendo. In a video editor…

So before everyone fires back at me about Pro workflow and so on ( I have been there, not now, but there at a very pro-level ) all I’m saying is I can see a future where much of what we do isn’t going to be the way SB thinks we should do it. I want to continue use SB apps … but I want them to look at what’s going on and respond with forward thinking tools and workflows.

I’ll give you another example. Many years ago at NAB in LasVagas I sat with a Steinberg employee from Germany looking at… I don’t know, perhaps a new version of Nuendo. I brought up the lack of (then ) a Muti functional tool just like Wavelab has. The employee said 'yes… its great in Wavelab". I said “well wouldn’t it make a lot of things better in Nuendo?” He thought for second and said " Probably…" , I said … so why isn’t it added? “he said " because we don’t want to”. OK then. Well, after more than 20 years of asking ( at least by me ) it has been added… but in a fashion that feels to me like a very begrudging addition.! It switches between Object Selection and Range Selection. Thats it. No customization … no context awareness. It should have at least 3 zones, and let users select and save tool combinations depending on what is being done.What is there must have had less that 5 minutes thought put into it.

I’ll not rant about tool switching ( although halving the time it takes saves hours over the course of a project) but its indicative of no one at SB even thinking there might be better options that clicking to keyboard toggling. It’s a fixed mindset.

This forum has hundreds of great ideas. How many get implemented or even discussed by SB? Pretty much none.

If we want to start another list let me know. sigh…