working with multiple screens

After re-jigging my studio, I now have four monitors rigged up to an NVIDIA NVS 510 video card.
I have two monitors positioned above my Yamaha O2R desk which sit in-between the audio speakers. The other two monitors are positioned at 90 degrees to this position above my keyboard rig (Nektar PanoramaP6, Roland System 1 (plugout synth) and a KOMPLETE KONTROL S25).

The system is working really well as a quick swivel on the chair puts me into sequencing / scoring mode or mixing mode.

I’m using Cubase 9.5PRO along with KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 11 with the SYMPHONY SERIES orchestra upgrade.

I’ve just upgraded Dorico to 1.2.10.139

My question is, is there a way to stretch the score (write mode) across two monitors?

From reading online it seems Steinberg products now limit the ‘windows’ to one monitor, with the option of displaying different windows (timeline, mixer, editor) on separate monitors?

I think you should be able to “un-maximise” your Dorico window so that it’s not constrained to a single display, and then manually drag it out across both displays.

Thanks Daniel,
That used to be the old way (un-maximise the window then stretch). Windows 10 now has default settings for maximising windows to one screen which you can turn off, but you can’t seem to stretch a window to a mid-point between screens. I did discover something yesterday though. By right clicking on the ‘square’ icon in the top right corner of a window, it revealed a whole host of other commands under ‘nView Options’ including:

maximise to grid
maximise to desktop
send window to screen (1,2,3,4)
send application to screen (1,2,3,4)
transparent
always on top
visible on all desktops
collapse to this desktop
individual settings
menu options

With all these options I could get the score to stretch onto all 4 screens and also use opening new tabs to display different views which will be an excellent way of seeing more stuff. I couldn’t get a compromise though of having say Cubase open and Dorico open, other than say Dorico on one screen and Cubase using the other screens. This will still be better than just having one or two screens so I’m not complaining.

Anybody else doing a similar thing?

I think this menu is a feature provided by some nVidia display drivers - I’m not aware of any general mechanism on windows or mac to span multiple monitors,

I have indeed been doing a similar thing. The nView options are specific to NVIDIA graphics cards, which are widespread but not present on ALL Windows 10 machines.

I should have added, finding the ‘split’ TABS in DORICO was a revelation. I remember seeing it on a video a while ago and had forgot about it. I can see me using that one a lot.

I would love to see a picture of your set-up just so I can drool a little and turn green! :mrgreen:

I know you can move tabs to another monitor, but is it possible to move

• panels to a second monitor ?
  • expression maps, percussion maps etc to another monitor (like an iPad) and leave them open, while go on working in other modes?
    At the moment I always have to close them to continue my work, but I saw/read stuff, where people put e.x. the expression map on an iPad and went on working like it was closed. I don’t get that going.

That works fine for me in Windows 10 with two screens.

If you right click on the desktop and select Display Settings, there is a dialog where you arrange the “logical” position of the screens. That controls which directions you can drag. (Mine are stacked vertically not horizontally, in the attachment).

I have an NVidia graphics card but AFAIK this is the standard Windows dialog.

It depends on the panel, some panels allow it other’s don’t…

You can move the dialogs that open in separate windows and stay open onto a different screen. That could be useful for layout options, notation options, note input options, and engraving options.

You can move the expression maps window the same way, but that is not very useful because can’t do anything else in Dorico until you close it.

You can’t detach the panels bordering the main display area from the parent window. There are keyboard shortcuts to open and close them (Ctrl-6,7,8,9) and Ctrl-0 closes and restores all the panels that are currently open.