Workspace Hacks

Hey guys.

I just revamped my hole Workspaces Switching thing in Cubase. To me, there’s some annoyances in the way Workspaces currently operate. I don’t like that it also includes your current zoom settings (does anybody really want that?) and also the track divider position.
So I don’t switch Workspaces directly via my controller, but instead using macros. The macro of course includes the Workspace itself, but also the following:

To combat Zoom: Just add a “Zoom MEM” before the switch, and a “Zoom ZAP” after.
For the Track Divider: Toggle “Divide Track List” twice. Once before the switch and once after.

I’ve also attached a picture:

While the Zoom-Trick might be obvious, I found the Track Divider thing to be quite interesting. Very hack-y of course.

I thought I’d just share this here, hope that’s cool. Also: do you have any crazy Workspace hacks? Any wishes for the future?

7 Likes

Very clever workaround.

2 Likes

Thanks you :heart:

2 Likes

I didn´t know mem and zap, thank you for that!
curiously I use workspaces the opposite way: I zoom whatever I need and with the workspace key I return to my default views.
As I have 43" 4k monitor I use a nice Workspace that divides the screen: upper half shows Project window and lower half shows a full Mixconsole.

What is that double divide track command for?

It’s so that it doesn’t “reset” the track list divider to the setting in the workspace, because I want to change this per project and retain it’s position when I switch workspaces. It doesn’t get adjusted when it’s not shown, so the macro just disables the divider, switches the workspace and then activates it again.

1 Like