Would you be happy if Cubase 8 offered Pattern-Based Seq. ?

NI!

Yeah Beat Designer and StepDesigner have been included with the DAW for ages. Theyā€™re great.

What would people like to see thatā€™s not already possible with these MIDI plugins?

Just because Iā€™m not for it, doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m against it. The OP question was "Would You Be Happy If ā€¦ ". The proposed feature would not make me happy. I answered the question that was asked (in several languages to avoid ambiguity). Nothing more, and nothing less.

No to the pattern thing, but Iā€™d like to see some improvement in the Cubase step-time interfaceā€¦ I recall the days of old where I used MOTU performer, its step time methodology was excellentā€¦ Steiny could learn from thatā€¦ its still there in their current product. My 2 cents worth.

I think there are other products that are directly geared toward this. I am not against it, but wouldnā€™t want to pay more for it.
J.L.

I can never figure out how a step sequencer is different than wellā€¦ the sequencer.

Youā€™re not playing to a metronome or in real time. Sure you can draw notes in, same thing.

Small company, limited resources ā€¦ focus on core functionality.

Yes, very much so.

With ā€œmulti patternsā€ and chord support, please, so I can finally use this Cubase thing to throw together a song idea in a rapid way.

ā€œThis drum pattern + this chord + this bass line + this pad pattern, doneā€¦ now lets add a piano so I can show my bandmates the melodyā€¦ doneā€¦ā€

What Cubase, for me, is REALLY lacking is rapid song development capabilities. Iā€™m faster collecting ideas in Caustic for Android than in Cubaseā€¦