Wrauu... 40% sale on Spectralayers 10 pro. Its a buy :-)

I like the GUI better on SP, than when you compare to Ripx. And thats inportant.
Ripx’ GUI is like more confusing to handle.

I think the AI is on pair on both programs, when I compare them.

I hope, that Steiny is continuing to improve the AI stuff, and separation of tracks. But I also think, that we’re getting close to whats impossible to separate. Synths stuff is very difficult.

SLL

40% sale ? Where?

Cyber Deals | Steinberg

1 Like

That’s the plan :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Competitive Crossgrade was also listed, but when I tried, there was no 40% discount. That is actually more expensive than buying the normal version with 40% discount.

1 Like

I’m so happy I finally got Spectralayers. I had the trial version for a month, and quickly found out, that I could use SL for so many things.

I’m in the remix business, so to speak, and I find it very amusing to run old favorite tracks through SL, to listen to the different parts in the mix. Also when making long DJ mixes, I can now make the transitions much more advanced, since I can separate the tracks, very nice :slight_smile:

As for my remix projects, I’ve run a few of my old 80s disco’ish 12 inch through SL. And most often, the outcome result are superb.

• Vocal really stands out
    There can be sections in the vocals, that sounds filtered or a little cut off. But
    often, if its the chorus, you can copy a section from another chorus, that sound
    good. So I basically glue the whole lyrics together, from god parts in the mix. It
    has worked fine on 3 tracks now.

• Drums are also very good
    Can be difficult. I use the same approach, as mentioned above on the vocals.
    Take the best sections in the drums, and glue them together on a new track.

• Bass are also good
    I have better luck with analog real bass guitars. Synth basses can be hard to
    make sound good, as they often has a wide tonal area of sound, from the bass
    area (which are pretty much always there), to mid tone area, which I guess can
    be hard to pin point out. Often you will hear the attack on a pluggy bass, on the mid area. And this often makes problems.

• Synths, FX and other stuff are more difficult.
    This area can often be a hit and miss area. In fact you can often find really nice
    Pianos and synth there. But they’re not as consistent as the other tracks. I guess
    since synth, guitars use up such a wide freq. area, that its hard to separate
    them from the other mentioned tracks. You often have to copy/paste the good
    sections to a new track, and glue them together.

I haven’t even started to use all the tools on the tracks. This can probably bring me a little closer to perfection on the separation :slight_smile:

All the best,
SLL

1 Like

It seems it might be possible to get 40% off a competitive crossgrade in the Cyber Weeks sale - someone managed it for a VST Live crossgrade and posted the steps here (click).

Thanks, that helped! Crossgrade price came down to 120 €, so I bought it.

1 Like