Writing a swing modifier.

Hello, everybody!

Please excuse my “noob” question. I feel like I’ve tried to figure this out on my own for long enough now.
(Also, please excuse my English. It’s a second language.)

I got Dorico 2 just a couple of days ago, and it’s looking good so far, but for some reason I can’t, for the life of me, figure out how to indicate swing eighths in Dorico 2.

I just want the simple “two eighths equals 3:2 eights tuplets”.
Everything I’ve found on Dorico and swing (and it’s a LOT) is about Dorico’s ability to playback swing. I’ll provide a picture for good measure.

I hope someone will answer my very basic question.
Best regards from Jim-Roger Knutsen
swing.png

I’m afraid at the moment there is no automatic way to do this, though it is planned for the future.

Jim, in the meantime, you can enter metric modulations manually. https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=134237&hilit=metric+modulation

Oh, ok.
I’ll admit I’m surprised, but I’m sure it’ll be fixed soon as swing is so commonly used.

Thank you, Dan.
I didn’t understand how to get notes in the system text (alt+shift+x), though. Is there a way to do that or do I have to write it with words?

Best regards!

You need to use Bravura for the font, and you can copy and paste in the glyphs.

Here’s another thread on the topic, which includes a link to the glyphs: 'crotchet equals crotchet' - Dorico - Steinberg Forums