Writing Text

I am new to Dorico and this forum.
For a new composition, I have entered the title in the middle, one word tempo direction on the left and the name of the composer on the right.
I would like to add more direction on the left, delete the word “Flow” in the middle and add more information on the right. Does anyone know how to do that?
Thank you.

Welcome to the forum! Start here: How to Work with Tokens | Engrave Mode in Dorico - YouTube

You may find this Beginner’s Guide helpful too: https://www.dankreider.com/dorico-resources

Welcome! Depending on whether you have Dorico Pro or Elements/SE, the options available to you will be different regarding customizing information on the left because that’s in a text frame. Dorico uses arrangements of frames in master pages to control the default formatting of pages. If you have Dorico Pro, you can customize the First master page and add any information you like into the text frame on the right. Double-click the text frame to enter it, then if you want to use tokens, right-click and select the relevant token from the menu.

For your tempo direction, I would recommend inputting that not in the text frame in the top left, but directly into the music as a tempo mark. That way, it also affects playback.

If you don’t want to see “1. Flow 1” in the middle of the page, below the project title, you can do that by hiding flow headings in the layout. (That’s what the “1. Flow 1” is, a flow heading - they allow you to show the title directly above where a flow starts, including in the middle of a page if it follows a previous flow.)

You might also look at tutorial videos on YouTube on the Dorico channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/dorico/videos
Search for videos on working with frames, tokens, flows, and master pages. If you have Dorico Elements or SE, some features might not be available… but your question would seem to indicate you’re working with Dorico Pro.

Thank you all for your responses. I should have mentioned I have Dorico SE and I have no aptitude for computers. I was able to resolve some of my issues, but I still don’t know how to write text near the top of the page. I don’t have the Engrave option.
Thank you all again.

In Dorico SE your options are a bit limited. You can enable or disable the flow headings and the automatic title at the top of the first page using the options under ‘Flows’ on the Page Setup page of Layout Options, but thereafter you’ll need to add the text manually with Shift+X, manually setting its size, and you can’t change the position that the text appears at.

What I suggest you do is use the Title, Composer and Lyricist fields in File > Project Info to add the necessary front matter. If you’ve made changes to your document that mean you can no longer get changes made in Project Info to appear in the layout, zip it up and attach it here, and one of us with Dorico Pro can reset your overrides. Or you can copy and paste the music into a new document.