Wrong instrument playback

Uhm, I think I found a bug with playback of the solo contrabass on the iPad :wink:
Instead of playing normal, standard contrabass sounds from Microsonic it plays a whole battery of unpitched percussion sounds. The effect is rather wacky. :crazy_face:
I tried to attach a video of the behaviour, but that seems not to be possible.

That’s not what I find when I start a new project and add a double bass instrument, Nickie.

Oddly enough, neither do I when I create a new project. But, when I added a solo Contrabass to an existing project, I got these whacky percussion sounds. Now I’ve tried adding a second solo Contrabass plus a Double Bass to that same project. Both Contrabasses and the Double Bass play the same notes and they are all three routed to Microsonic Contrabass. The new, second Contrabass and the Double Bass do play Contrabass sounds, as you would expect, but the old, first Contrabass still plays the percussion sounds, so something odd is definitely going on.
I have attached the offending project. Maybe you can make sense of it?
Test.zip (600.0 KB)

I have been using Dorico for a while now.
I have a string section set up but I am getting brass playback. Can anyone explain that!
I have note performer as my default playback and everyone is set up correctly in my audio set up including my interface

I imagine this problem only affects one particular project, Denise? If so, please attach it here so we can take a look at it.

I can confirm that in the newest version of Dorico for iPad 5.0.20.2026 there are still hiccups with playback.
I don’t care much about playback, it is handy though when inputting notes via the built in keyboard to monitor the right keypresses.
It happened, whilst inputting a bass line (instrument: violoncello solo), the sound suddenly changed to something like bass tuba, and then a few minutes later back to violoncello. I can’t really explain why. I work with two windows and sometimes by mistake I hit the Project Info window (I think that happens if one taps the top menu bar in the middle). Going back and activating the built in keyboard, sometimes opening the left panel and then closing it again to be able to reach everything to the top right… Somewhere during this, along the line, the playback-sound changes and also changes back…