Xfer OTT freeze hang On Exit in Cubase 11

Also in version 11 cubase freezes at the exit using the vst of the Xfer OTT.
Will it ever be fixed?

Hi,

Are you 100% sure it’s on Cubase side? Maybe the plug-in manufacturer should fix it…

I am 100% sure.

In all daw it works perfectly.
I tried to use this plugin exclusively and no other third party plugins. Cubase freezes on exit and when the vst is removed from the insert

Hi,

At the same time, Cubase also doesn’t crash with any other plug-in, so this one is the only one…

Are you on Windows or Mac, please?

Windows 10

Him

Please use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file.

1. Please download ProcDump64 from Microsoft (~650kB) and extract the archive to a local folder on your harddisk.

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd) as administrator (right click and select “run as administrator”)

3. Navigate (in the Command Prompt) to the folder with the extracted procdump file.
    For example:
    cd C:\Users<username>\Downloads\Procdump
    Note: the dmp file will be written into that folder.

4. Launch Cubase/Nuendo. You can work as usual. At any time, change to the command prompt and start procdump, to monitor Cubase/Nuendo for unexpected behavior (see next step).

5. Launch procdump64 via Command Prompt:
    Cubase 10:
    procdump64 -e -h -t Cubase10

Nuendo 10:
procdump64 -e -h -t Nuendo10

The -h option will write a dmp file in case of an application hang. This might kick in too early sometimes, in case some action takes a little longer. Feel free to skip the “-h” option, if you are only up for fetching crashes.
The option -e will catch exeptions and the option -t terminations of the application.

1. Prodump is now monitoring the Cubase/Nuendo process and will write a crash log, in case Cubase/Nuendo crashes or hangs. Perform the action that causes Cubase/Nuendo to crash and send us the generated crash dmp.

Share the DMP file via Dropbox or similar service, please.

Hi,

The error is in OpenGL64.dll file.

Please try this:

• Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Download the latest Studio driver version from here.
  • Start the installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.

I had already tried but it freezes anyway …

Heres mine.
Cubase 11.0.0.300 64bit 2020.11.19 13.47.51.248.dmp (477 KB)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg CAN-32503.

Hi, I have the same problem, so I generated the dmp file.
Can you please explain which tool you use to open and analyse the DMP file ?
Thanks

Hi,

There are several tools. Search on Google, please.

I finally fixed the issue !! It was very easy …

what it was?

How to fix OTT hang/crash on Cubase: Buy Studio One !!

now seriously… this problem will never be solved because Squasher is here. Dont bother troubleshooting dmp files, instal video drivers and stuff like that. Its Cubase, not your pc !
OTT will soon have an update and it will work again … so, just wait. Information directly from Duda dude:

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t understand it… Is it Cubase (so it needs to be fixed on Cubase side), or is it on the OTT side (when it will be fixed there)?

It does work in every other DAW i have tried (even the free ones)…so you tell me. Seems like Cubase…and usually when it looks and smells like sh… its exactly what it is. But i may be wrong, of course. Sorry if i sound sarcastic but i have been fighting with this for a year. Im kind of fed up with it.

Hi,

The crash from MixterRader was in Cubase. I didn’t get any *.crash/dmp file from you.

It’s certainly on Cubase side, since that behavior doesn’t manifest in any other single DAW…I see as that Steve Duda(brain behind xfer) is generous enough to fix this before Steinberg. Same thing happens with few other plugins.