Xiaomi Redmi 8: can't record audio

Hi guys,

I need some advice to get into this issue. I really would like to use Cubasis (3.5.2) to record some ideas when I’m outside. I want to use my headphones or the integrated microphone, but when I hit rec no sound is recorded. The result is a too little empty event (no matter how long I was recording).
I’m a long experienced professional Cubase user… but I’m failing with a phone!

Now, I checked out the app permissions and everything is OK (microphone and file access).
Also, the settings are OK (input is properly set on headphones or integrated mic).

May it be a known issue with Xiaomi?

Any tips? Thank you!

This is what I get, no matter how long I keep recording:

My audio settings:

Hi @lordadb,

Thanks for your message.
Does re-selecting the input device help resolving the problem?

Best,
Lars

I tried “Built-in Microphone 1” and "“Built-in Microphone 2” (the only two options) without success.
On the track routing I tried to switch from Mono Input 1 and 2. Nothing.
Also, I tried to turn off and on “Background Audio”.
Are you aware about some issue around the “MIUI Global 12.5.2” Android version?
Thank you.

That’s what I get when I press Rec and than Stop, trying to track something.

I tried to unistall and install again with no luck.

Hi @lordadb again,

Our team has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro in use, where recording via both mics work as expected with Cubasis for Android.

Maybe a separate app on your device is interfering with Cubasis?

Thanks
Lars

Hi @LSlowak,

thank you for no giving up!
Maybe it’s no so relevant, my phone is a Redmi Note 8 (not Pro), just to be clear.

I have no other mobile DAW installed. Could be the active Google Assistant? Should be something that runs in background, because the mic doesn’t work also if I start Cubasis as first thing after reboot.

Got it! I disabled “Voice Match” from Google Assistant and now I’m able to record audio. Thank you @LSlowak for your input. It lets me find the culprit. I’m very happy.

1 Like

Hi @lordadb,

Thanks for the updated message.

Got it! I disabled “Voice Match” from Google Assistant and now I’m able to record audio. Thank you @LSlowak for your input. It lets me find the culprit. I’m very happy.

Glad to read that you’ve managed to resolve the issue…
Now get back to being creative… :slight_smile:

Stay well,
Lars