XML export for Cubase import

Hello folks,

Can Dorico export XML instead of MXL?
I’m trying to import XML from Dorico into Cubase, however, I Cubase pops the error “Failed to Parse File” when attempting to load the MXL file that was exported from Dorico.
In other words, my friend exports the XML score in Dorico and this creates a file with the MXL extension. When I try to load that into Cubase, the file is invisible, because Cubase only detects .XML files. For the MXL file to show as a viable import alternative, I have to change the file selector to "Any type (.*)". And still, when attempting to load this MXL file, Cubase pops the error “Failed to parse”

My question is:

How do you export MusicXML(uncompressed) from Dorico? My friend says that the MXL file is created by the “MusicXML export” function. Is there a way to export *.XML instead of *.MXL?

Thanks!

It’s at the top of the Export MusicXML dialog in Dorico. Just make sure the option on the right is highlighted, rather than the option on the left.

Oh thank you! My friend is just recently learning Dorico, so he wasn’t sure about the export process.

Oh thank you! My friend is just recently learning Dorico, so he wasn’t sure about the export process.