XML files exported from Cubase : Tempo and velocity values are missed !?

I hope somebody can explain me why , if I export a project from Cubase as music XML
when I import XML in other software (and also to Cubase itself) all the note velocities
and also the tempo variation are lost (I find all velocities = 90 and all tempo=120 bpm
At this point I don’t understand the purpose of exporting XML ! Is it a Cubase defaillance?
(all other software I have keep tempo variations and note velocities !)
Thanks for help

MusicXML has no connection to midi whatsoever, notes or master track. It considers the printed notation in the project, and doesn’t include any midi at all. All programs do the same, as you have perhaps seen, it is not a Cubase failing.

Thanks for reply . However this is not correct because I work normally with some Notation software
(Musescore+Notation etc) and normally I export/import XML through them and all the velocity and tempo variations are preserved. Also importing these xml in Cubase the Tempo variation are kept OK
(but the velocities are lost). While exporting XML from Cubase everything is lost , so I don’t understand the utility of XML

I’m not a MusicXML expert, but I know that MusicXML doesn’t use midi. The velocities and tempos must be interpreted from the notation.

Are there tempo markings and dynamics in the score you are exporting?

Perhaps reading the chapter on it in the Cubase manual would clarify: Working with MusicXML

Yes , I made music with a lot of different notes velocities and tempo changes and I would find all of them in the exported files , whatever it is .mid or . xml . And this is normally possible with all the Notations software I have . My impression is that XML used in Cubase shall be updated because if it is possible with simple Notation programs it shall be possible also in Cubase.
Regarding the section of the Manual about XML :
> (…The MusicXML file format can be used for the following purposes:

• Representation and printing of sheet music*
  • Exchange of sheet music between various score writing programs*
  • Electronic distribution of musical scores*
  • Storage and archiving of scores in an electronic format*
    MusicXML music data also contains elements that define how a piece of music should sound.
    this could be the description of PDF format while the focus of the problem is in the last sentence
    (MusicXML music data also contains elements that define how a piece of music should sound.)
    IN FACT IF I OPEN(with “Notepad”) AN XML FILE EXPORTED FROM MY NOTATION SOFTWARE I FIND THAT FOR EVERY NOTE THERE IS ALSO THE INDICATION OF TEMPO AND DYNAMICS
    (Velocity) WHILE THESE ARE NOT EMBEDDED IN THE CUBASE XML.

The result is that you cannot use XML from Cubase for playing because the result is a pain
so if it can be used only for printing and archive there is already the print PDF option
Thanks

But if you are using MusicXML then you must use written out dynamics, and written out tempo changes. As I mentioned, MusicXML does not take any midi whatsover into account. This is how it’s specified to work – not by Steinberg, but as an industry “standard” format.

With my last comment I hoped the the problem was clear.You insist on the XML standard format…
From the practical view point this is the situation:

• Of course when you compose music each note has its own velocity and also the tempo bpm will vary along the piece .
  • If I export this music from my Notation software as XML and import in other software I will find
    all the note velocities and the tempo variation as in the original
  • If I do the same in Cubase (export XML) all the note velocities and tempos are lost
    THIS MEANS -INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE STANDARDS- THAT THE XML ROUTINE OF MY NOTATION SOFTWARES ARE MORE UPDATED THAN CUBASE ONES . IN FACT IF YOU OPEN THE XML WITH AN EDITOR YOU WILL FIND FOR EVERY NOTE THE INDICATION OF VELOCITY AND TEMPO! WHY IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO THE SAME IN CUBASE ?
    (a part of this problem I must say that among all the DAW I’ve tried Cubase is definitely the best one)

The point is for notation only, in contrast to MIDI which is generally for playback only. Not every software supports playback addition inside the XML file; in this case you are talking about the dynamics attribute in the note tag: Dorico currently doesn’t read it, for example, and I opened a thread about it:

I don’t know about Cubase but from your post it sounds like it doesn’t consider that attribute either.