XP - won't run or merely "not supported"?

I doubt it.

OK, you may be right :confused: ; Linux is growing, but are people with DAWs still running Windows 2000/ME/98 etc??? I doubt it. To be honest, I don’t know what the OS split is with Personal Computers running as DAWs, but I was just making the point that the majority of PCs will still be on XP at the moment I would have thought, meaning that Steiny’s decision to make Cubase 6 ‘unsupported’ on XP a little strange at this point in time. Sure, Windows 7 will have a significant % of users by now, and I guess there will be some Vista users running Cubase 4 quite successfully.
The point is, there will be many people not willing to ditch XP for a few more years to come. :slight_smile:

The point is: they don´t have to, no one forces them. Useless discussion… :unamused:

The whole point of this thread, was to determine if Cubase 6 will actually run successfully on XP, as Steiny says it’ll only ‘support’ W7 based system - they won’t say if it’ll run or not definitively. Obviously no-one has tried it out yet as C6 was only announced three days ago, so we have no concrete evidence.
I think the discussion is completely valid, especially if C6 won’t work properly on XP systems. However, I and a few others on this thread & others, have ordered our copies, to try it out. We’ll let you know our findings when our copies arrive.

Regards,

Neil.

So well, obviusly Steinberg also did not try it that´s how I understand the words “it´s not tested on XP”, so why do you expect them to give a statement like “it will / will not work”…
Still useless discussion IMHO…Especially since there is a 2nd thread with the same content…

If it is such a useless discussion may I ask why you keep joining in on it?

I’ll give you a couple of reasons why they should test it, one is they are part of Yamaha and the big selling point of both Yamaha and Steinberg was the integration between Yamaha hardware and Steinberg software. Two Yamaha decides not to produce drivers for windows 7 so all its Mlan hardware cannot be used in 7 at the same time Steinberg announces it now only tests on windows 7. Perhaps if you were sitting with a considerable amount of high value Yamaha hardware with no driver updates you might just have a different opinion.

Just watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nRfzBCrkMk

Just a quick update: C6 should be with me by next weekend hopefully. Steiny seems to be pretty efficient these days in getting things shipped, especially at product-launch time. :smiley:
So, only a few more days to wait to see in C6 works on XP 32-bit at least!

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Neil.

Thanks Neil, I am looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Hi Guys & Gals,

Well, the waiting is over!! :stuck_out_tongue:
My copy arrived today along with some Trial versions of The Grand, HALion Sonic and HALion Symphonic Orchestra. Nice little package with no manual - I guess the Cubase 5 manual will have to do for now!

Anyway, good news. After a lengthy install of around 15 minutes or so, I can confirm the Cubase 6 works perfectly on my XP (32-bit) machine. I’ve just had a quick play around, so nothing serious, but it seems to work just fine! :smiley:

All the best,

Neil.