Xphraze installation issue

Sorry to be dense…I recetly had a new computer custom built and I have Cubase Pro 14. The machine is a Windows 11 PC with enormous hard drives but I cannot install Xphraze and get an error message saying there is insufficient disc space. Am I flogging a dead horse trying to use this old program? Thanks.

Hi,

It’s a very old plug-in, probably not compatible with Windows 11.

And it’s VST2 plug-in, so once you install it, you have to enable the VST2 option in VST Plug-in Manager in Cubase.

Thanks. Most likely the first answer as it won’t install and says there is insufficient disk space which can’t be right as I have a 4TB SSD. I just need to know to stop trying. Thanks again for getting back!

JW

I liked Xphrase , so is it not possible to install an older version of cubase say SX 3 etc load xphrase there ?? or have an old pentium III laptop , and load Cubase SX ver XX , and use the tones from Xphrase via Midi ?? wouldnt be so expensive ??

Now there’s an idea! I’ll give it a try. Thanks

Yes , pls keep us informed what happened , n how .. thankx

Well, my hopes weren’t high! It failed to install properly on my Win 10 laptop. It was already installed on my Win 7 laptop which has Cubase 5 installed, but Cubase 5 failed to start as there was a problem with the e-licence dongle. I give up. As I have said many times before, my 1996 Strat takes the same strings as a 1954 Strat and they also fit a 2025 Strat. I know I am oversimplifying things, but I hate the way computers are not compatible. I understand why they can’t be forwards compatible, but I see no reason why they can’t be backwards compatible. A 4K blu-ray player will play a CD, a DVD and a 2K blu-ray disc and a blu-ray player is only a specialised computer reading data. It looks like Xphrase is dead. Thanks for the suggestions!

Given time , and trying to get hold of an old laptop , using older drivers , ( Steinberg and many other companies still have older drivers by date and version nr ) ill give it a try , cant see any reason why it shouldnt work , and so also for older Vsti/s i liked.. after getting the above , ill get back..

@Toyroom39, did you ever try vstmididrv from https://falcosoft.hu?
VST MIDI Driver (Falcomod) Readme
It’s available as x32 and x64 and can be used up to Win 11 and Cubase 15. It can be used as a Midi Driver, but it hosts also VST Plugins (x32 and x64).
I used it to play around with old x32 plugins, eg Steinberg A1.dll, vb-1.dll, and also Xphraze. I also use Falcosoft’s multiclient Soundfontplayer Plugin Bassmidivsti.

Well, it looks like , here we go .. thanks mate.. reminds me , the algorithms to quantize, way back in cubase the red dongle on a b/w screen on the atari laptop , was / is far superior to the ones we have to day , may be not that i didnt set it up right , with the complex settings now , but just the Q , then was amazing .. with the right feel ..