XV5080 patch import

Hope someone can help me
I am trying to import the patches from a XV5080 into Cubase Elements7 and I have no idea how to go about doing this? I have searched the internet and the forum but there is nothing I can find that tells me how to do this. This is probably cause I’m not the smartest at this and I just can’t understand what they he’ll they are talking about.
Is there anybody out there with some patients that can talk me through how to do this.
I would very much appreciate the help

You do it by placing a patch script (text document) containing the patch names into a folder that Cubase will read.

Start here:

You can download a xv5080 patch script and a pdf that explains installation.

If there are user created patches in your device then you’ll need to edit the text file yourself to add them in.

Grim
Very many thanks for this I will go and try it
Thanks again

Right got all the scripts put them in the correct folders. For some reason they still don’t appear when I go to instal?
Any ideas why this would be?

Just to make sure you got the right folder:

Go to your start menu/Cubase 7.5 (64bit if you are running 64 bit) folder and open the user Settings Data folder from there.
EDIT: Sorry…I see you’re using Elements so obviously select the correct element version rather than Cubase 7.5.

The scripts/inactive/Roland folder inside of that is the one you want…you’ll see all the scripts supplied with Cubase in there already. (Though that doesn’t guarantee you’re in the right folder as other versions or different bit versions appdata folders may exist)

Grim your a genius !
I was in the wrong version folder.
Very many thanks
Keith

hi guys,

new xv-5080 cubase user here.

i’ve tried the roland patch script creator and created a txt file. placed it in the correct folder but i does not show in the midi devices list…

i’ve also tried to get some more info on the riveted studios website but it seems to be no longer active…

i’m using cubase 9 pro but it seemed that this topic is more appropiate to discuss this than creating a new thread in the cubase pro 9 forum.

It’s not just a text file, it has requirements.

Take an old one and modify it. Or just find one already made.

There is a patch script creator somewhere.

There’s one on this page:

Are you sure you’re putting it in the right place?

hi,

i know about riveted studios but it seems their site is down. it won’t load for me.

i’ve accessed the roland script creator here: http://www2.rolandus.com/support/patch_script_builder/

i’ve generated a script file for xv-5080 and placed on my OS X in: /Applications/Cubase 9/Contents/Scripts/patchnames/inactive/roland

it does not show up in the midi devices list…

Not sure about where to put it on a mac.

Sounds like you’re having other problems, I downloaded it without any problems.

Here copy this and paste it into notepad:

(2022 MOD EDIT: Please use the links in this topic to generate a XV-5080 patch script for Cubase. Huge block of text removed)

still not working.

I think they need to go in your User Library not in Applications folder though as a Windows user I can’t really confirm.

The instructions are here: https://www.rolandus.com/patch_script_builder/cubase_readme.pdf

Hi Grim, I do not know how to do the scripting, could you please send me Roland XV 5050 script via my email (mod edit: email removed). Thanks in Advance.

Hi All, Am new on this platform, I need Roland xv 5050 cubase scripts asap. Could anybody help?

You can create a script file for your XV-5050 here:

I’ve updated some of the dead links in this ancient thread.

1 Like