Yes, it would be via MIDI. I found the doc on Steinberg support pages at their website.
Under the pdf called: Remote Control Devices
The Yamaha 01V can remote control your application.
Before you can initiate remote control operation, the 01V must be set up in the following way:
• MIDI Parameter Change and Receive must be enabled.
• MIDI Control Change and Receive must be disabled.
• Device ID/MIDI Channel Receive must be set to“1”.
• Loca lControl should be set to“Off”.
As soon as Local Control is set to “Off”, remote control is enabled.
The 01V remote operation of your application is very straightforward, with (almost) every parameter having the equivalent parameter controller in the 01V mixer.
The current status of all controllable parameters is fed back to the 01V and indicated on the panel, using the motorized faders, indicators, etc.
(for this to work, you need a two-way MIDI connection between the 01V and the program).
To facilitate 32 channel remote control, two separate con- trol “Layouts” are used, each controlling 16 mixer channels.
The “Memory” button on the 01V is used to switch between VST layout 1 and 2.
Page 1 displays VST Layout 1, and page 2 VST Layout 2.
The following parameters are remote controllable for channels 1–32 in the mixer:
! The value ranges for the parameters in the 01V may not match the ranges for the corresponding parameters in all cases.
• Fader level, mute and pan.
01V controls for these parameters control the equivalent program parameters.
• Effect sends1–6.
01V Aux 1–4 control effect send 1–4, 01V effect 1 and 2 control effect send 5 and 6.
• EQ Frequency, Gain and Q (4bands).
01V controls for these parameters control the equivalent program pa- rameters.
• Stereo Master Volume.
The 01V control for this parameter controls the equivalent program pa- rameter.
• Send effects master volume 1–4 are controlled by 01V Aux Master 1–4.
Send effects master 5 and 6 are con- trolled by 01V effect master 1 and 2.
With Layout 1 the 01V controls the following channels:
• Channel 1–12,13/14 and 15/16 will control channels 1–14.
• 01V Return1 and 2 will control channels 15 and 16. With Layout 2 the 01V controls the following channels:
• Channel 1–12, 13/14 and 15/16 will control channels 17–30.
• 01V Return 1 and 2 will control channels 31 and 32.