Yamaha 01v Remote Device with Cubase 9 Pro

I can’t get my Yamaha 01v to work as a remote device with Cubase 9 Pro. I did this in a previous version. I’m on the correct “REMOTE” page of the mixer, when I go into Cubase - Device Setup I select the + Icon under remote devices and select the Yamaha 01v. I select the midi in and out, and it is gray with no options below the Midi In and Output.

If I try to set-up the Generic Remote and select the midi channels for the 01v, still no luck. Does anyone have this working?

Is it just a feature that went away for the 01v with the upgrades for Cubase, or is there same template to import to make it work?

Thanks for any help and advice in advance.

Hi, I have an 01v96i and its working fine for me. I am pretty sure there is a pdf that explains getting the 01v to work with cubase.
you do need to setup a number of things on the 01v. so the remote target should be set to cubase. Daw should be set to USB 1 & 2,
studio manager (which doesnt work) should be set to usb 3.
thats about it.
I can probably email you my yammy setup file if you are still having trouble.
I use the user defined keys as remote control for cubase.

Regards
Ian

I know this is an old post, but I have an 01V (not 96) and would like to use it as a control surface if possible with Cubase 10.5
Are you still doing that with your setup?
You mentioned a pdf, I’d love to get that link to that file if possible on how to setup both Cubase and Yamaha 01v.
LG

Hi, I have an 01v96i and its working fine for me. I am pretty sure there is a pdf that explains getting the 01v to work with cubase.
you do need to setup a number of things on the 01v. so the remote target should be set to cubase. Daw should be set to USB 1 & 2,
studio manager (which doesnt work) should be set to usb 3.
thats about it.
I can probably email you my yammy setup file if you are still having trouble.
I use the user defined keys as remote control for cubase.

Regards
Ian

does the 01V have an USB port? i don’t think so
and it has no remote control layer

the only way to get it working would be a MIDI setup
but this is not a real remote control

Yes, it would be via MIDI. I found the doc on Steinberg support pages at their website.

Under the pdf called: Remote Control Devices

Yamaha 01V

The Yamaha 01V can remote control your application.
Before you can initiate remote control operation, the 01V must be set up in the following way:

• MIDI Parameter Change and Receive must be enabled.

• MIDI Control Change and Receive must be disabled.

• Device ID/MIDI Channel Receive must be set to“1”.

• Loca lControl should be set to“Off”.

As soon as Local Control is set to “Off”, remote control is enabled.

The 01V remote operation of your application is very straightforward, with (almost) every parameter having the equivalent parameter controller in the 01V mixer.
The current status of all controllable parameters is fed back to the 01V and indicated on the panel, using the motorized faders, indicators, etc.
(for this to work, you need a two-way MIDI connection between the 01V and the program).

To facilitate 32 channel remote control, two separate con- trol “Layouts” are used, each controlling 16 mixer channels.
The “Memory” button on the 01V is used to switch between VST layout 1 and 2.
Page 1 displays VST Layout 1, and page 2 VST Layout 2.

The following parameters are remote controllable for channels 1–32 in the mixer:

! The value ranges for the parameters in the 01V may not match the ranges for the corresponding parameters in all cases.

• Fader level, mute and pan.
01V controls for these parameters control the equivalent program parameters.
• Effect sends1–6.
01V Aux 1–4 control effect send 1–4, 01V effect 1 and 2 control effect send 5 and 6.
• EQ Frequency, Gain and Q (4bands).
01V controls for these parameters control the equivalent program pa- rameters.

• Stereo Master Volume.
The 01V control for this parameter controls the equivalent program pa- rameter.

• Send effects master volume 1–4 are controlled by 01V Aux Master 1–4.
Send effects master 5 and 6 are con- trolled by 01V effect master 1 and 2.

With Layout 1 the 01V controls the following channels:

• Channel 1–12,13/14 and 15/16 will control channels 1–14.

• 01V Return1 and 2 will control channels 15 and 16. With Layout 2 the 01V controls the following channels:

• Channel 1–12, 13/14 and 15/16 will control channels 17–30.

• 01V Return 1 and 2 will control channels 31 and 32.