Yamaha KX8 not seen when Cubase 4AI starts up

… and because of that, I can’t use the remote control buttons on the Yamaha keyboard. Pressing the remote buttons makes the midi indicator level in Cubase flash, but the function of the key has no effekt.

I have downloaded and installed the latest KX remote tools from Yamaha as well as the latest Yamaha USB-MIDI driver.

Of coarse there might be a bug in the Yamaha software, but do I need to do anything in the Cubase to make it see the KX8?

Had the system running correctly on VIsta 32 bit, but I reinstalled on Windows 7 64 bit, and this is where I am having the problem.

Regards, Lars.

Pressing the remote buttons makes the midi indicater level in Cubase flash, but the function of the key has no effekt.

So that means , Cubase sees your KX8, otherwise no MIDI indicator would flash. You probably havent set up the remote control settings correctly.

Of coarse there might be a bug in the Yamaha software, but do I need to do anything in the Cubase to make it see the KX8?

Usually you need to set up the remote control settings correctly. I´m sure that´s explained in your KX- and Cubase manuals…

Yep. Sometimes it is nice to read the manual. Not in this case though. It says here:

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/xg/kxremotetools_en_ig_b0.pdf

To use the KX Remote Tools, you will need to install additional applications, as described below.
Install a DAW software, such as Cubase.
For installing the version of Cubase included with the KX, refer to page 13 in the KX Owner’s Manual.
Install an appropriate USB-MIDI driver.
Download the latest driver from our website:
Install the KX Remote Tools.
Refer to “Installing the KX Remote Tools.”

… which says:

After the downloaded compressed file is properly extracted, double-click the “setup.exe” file.
The KX Remote Tools setup dialog appears.
When using Windows Vista/7, if the “User Account Control” window appears, click [Continue].
Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
When the KX Remote Tools and the other necessary software is installed, you can start the KX Remote Tools.
Start a Steinberg-made DAW software (such as Cubase), then quit it.
This operation is necessary to scan through the DAW software so that the KX Remote Tools obtains the VSTi related information.
Only DAW software produced by Steinberg (such as Cubase compatible with KX Remote Tools) can be scanned for obtaining
the VSTi-related information.

Been there, done that.

But I think that it is a problem in the software… Or anyone can point out where to look for errors?

Regards, Lars.