Yamaha MG10XU keeps connecting and disconnecting on Win 11

Greetings!
I recently changed over to Windows 11 and installed the current Yamaha Steinberg Driver for Windows 11 but for some reason, every time i restart my PC i have to reinstall my driver since Windows keeps connecting and disconnecing my MG10XU, is there a possible fix for that?

1 Like

Got it fixed.

1 Like

Man… ¿How do you fix that? … My case: I have the Fader version since 2019. First, installed 2.0.3 driver… then in 2020, the 2.0.4. Mixer worked fine in my Omen Laptop and my Desktop i7 PC. Both with Win 10 originals and updated daily, 16 and 32 Gb RAM, nVidia cards, SSD high speed (problem are not the machines, I am sure). The problem of disconnecting began in middle 2021, when I notice the Yamaha Steinberg properties driver windows shows the message like “device not connected” and “device is not working properly”. This in both laptop and PC. Sometimes the mixer disconnects and reconnect in 1 or 2 seconds, but then disconnects totally and I have to turn off and on the mixer for reconnecting with Windows. I spent 8 months reinstaling Windows, drivers, updating to 2.1.1, changing USB cables, changing electrical cables, testing software, searching in forums, videos, even I called directly to Yamaha Service in my country, and the Yamaha “experts” said the problem is in my computers. That’s ridiculous. My computers are a high-end laptop and desktop, and work completely well with my Tascam Model 12 and my Behringer USB mixers. That mixers never turn off or suffer disconnections. Only my MG10XUF… And today is not a solution from the brand. Sad but true.

1 Like

Same thing here with Windows 10. Are you using AMD cpu and chipset?. The mixer was working OK until I decided yesterday to install the new update of the AMD X570 chipset drivers (Ver 4.06.10.651) and the new Radeon video software. The audio started to work intermittently in all software that uses sound. After some test I realize that the USB port was stopping recognizing the MG10XU mixer and jumping to the Realtek sound chip embedded in the motherboard that I don’t use but it is there (my speakers are connected through the USB mixer). I reported the problem to AMD since it started with the update of the chipset drivers. My son tested the mixer in his iMac without any problem. I uploaded a video in YT to show what is happening, but I can’t paste the link here. Search for “Intermittent audio dropouts issue with YAMAHA MG10XU USB mixer” in YT.

1 Like

Sorry Rufo, but no. All my computers are Intel: an old desktop core i5 2500K, desktop core i7 10700K and laptops core i5 8300H, core i7 9750H and the newer core i7 11800H… In all my 5 computers the problem with yamaha usb disconnecting is the same !! I do not know if the BIOS settings or updates is the problem, but I don’t think so, because my machines are so different in years. I thing the most probably is a Windows update in 2020-2021, because my problems beggins between this years. Is very rare, because I installed a very old version Windows 10 for testing in my oldest desktop with oldest yamaha driver, but the problem was the same !!! Then, I do all the upgrades one by one (windows and yamaha driver) and the problems still there. Is a very rare problem and I do not know what I have to do for resolve. Nobody tells me, even in other forums with same problem. And, as I saw in last message, the problem is only in my Yamaha MG10XUF; my Tascam model 12, Tascam Miscast 4, Beringher UMC404HD, Beringher UMC204HD and the Focusrite Scarlett 2I2-3G works perfectly in same machines on Windows 10.

1 Like

Nils… hello… How do you fix that problem ?? Can you explain your solution please ??

Nils, how did you fix the driver issue?