Yamaha MONTAGE multi channel recording template missing

Hello,
(First post since the new Forum makeover)
I had many problems with using Kontakt and its VST instruments in Cubase – after migrating my system to a new SSD drive – and solved the problems by doing a “reset” of Cubase. All problems have been resolved, but I had hoped that Cubase would automatically provide MONTAGE recording templates upon the reset. (I have backup of all of my previous MONTAGE templates, but I don’t have a “clean” factory file – I’ve tweaked the factory templates and didn’t save any “clean” ones.) The only templates provided are the “bare-bones” ones.

Is there a webpage on Steinberg or Yamaha that provides the templates below?

Yamaha MONTAGE stereo recording
Yamaha MONTAGE multi channel recording

Thanks much in advance!
Marty

Relevant info:
Cubase Pro 11

Ver. 11.0.20

Lenovo H 30-50 Desktop

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz

16 GB RAM

System Drive - 1 TB SSD

Sample / VST Instrument Storage Drive - 1 TB SSD

Audio/MIDI

Yamaha MONTAGE (ver 3.51)

Audient iD14

Hi and welcome back,

How did you reset your Cubase, please?

If I’m not mistaken, the project templates are installed with the Montage software/driver. Please, try to reinstall it.

Martin, thanks for the quick response!

I don’t know the exact name of the “reset” but it might be “Reset Initial Configuration File” or something similar.

Anyway, here’s what I did.

Within the folder C:\Users\ user name \AppData\Roaming\Steinberg:

I renamed the “Cubase 11_64” to “Cubase 11_64backup.”

I also similarly renamed all the other folders that started with “Cubase” (all previous versions on my PC).

I restarted Cubase 11, selected a template from the ‘bare bones’ menu in Cubase Hub (no MONTAGE templates were available) to open a project, and then without doing anything, quit Cubase and restarted it.

After successfully resetting Cubase (I had problems with my e-licenser during the process), I went back and set all previous version folders to their original names.

I will try your suggestion today and reinstall Cubase, and hopefully recover a “clean” MONTAGE template.

Hi again,
I successfully re-installed Cubase 11, but my templates (in the Hub) are still bare-bones – no MONTAGE templates at all.

By the way, I also re-installed the Components at the same time… Might this have been a mistake?

Re-reading your reply, it’s possible I misunderstood. Did you suggest to re-install Cubase, or re-install the MONTAGE software/driver?

Actually, is there really a “MONTAGE software/driver”?

I know about the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver” and the MONTAGE firmware (on the instrument itself, and I have the latest version, 3.51).

Hi,

You did it well. But…

• First you have to Quit Cubase, then to do this Reset.
  • Better to change the prefix of Cubase name. Something like _BACKUP_Cubase 11_64. The reason is, in some cases, Cubase uses the preferences folder, even if you change the end of the name.

Please, try to reset again (first Quit Cubase).

Montage templates are not part of Cubase installation. They are part of the driver installation. I can see the driver is available here.

Is it the driver or the Montage Connect VST?

Thanks for your help!
Actually, I’m almost certain I quit Cubase in my first reset attempt, but of course I’ll be careful to do this when I try the reset again.

I checked this site (before as well), but I can’t see a relevant driver here. I also have MONTAGE Connect installed, as well as Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver.

I’ll double-check my version of MONTAGE Connect to make sure it’s the latest, but I think that’s OK.

Can you give me the name of the driver, so I can find it at the link you provided?

Thanks!

I think the most helpful place to answer these questions is the Yamaha Synths forum MONTAGE Series Synthesizers (yamahasynth.com)

A lot of talk there about Cubase integration with Yamaha people posting/replying.

Hello Martin and digitallysane!

Success!
I think that my MONTAGE Connect was an older version, because I reinstalled it, did a Cubase reset, and both factory templates are now there!

Thanks!
And thanks to digitallysane for the MONTAGE link; I may have overlooked this.

1 Like