Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 2.0.4 for Windows 10 64-bit released

Hello!

We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver for Windows 10 64-bit.
Please note that older Windows releases are not supported anymore. Version 2.0.3 will remain the latest version for Windows 7 and Windows 8!

For detailed information, we ask you to refer to the corresponding version history on the download page.

1 Like

i don’t see anything in the release notes about you fixing the drop outs in this driver. Why is that?

2 Likes

I will probably jinx myself by saying this but I haven’t had a single drop out in at least six months (currently with 2.0.3). Sort of reluctant to update, to be honest, but will give 2.0.4 a try.

I thought they had been resolved but found errors again yesterday.

Problems started roughly at the same time as the Windows 10 spring 2019 update.

18 months later and Steinberg have still not fixed it. Is is unbelievable and outrageous. They are stealing a living. How dare they?

Agree with you, it is not legal to sell a product that does not work properly.

1 Like

I am very sorry about the drop-out issues you experience. If none of the troubleshooting tips we’ve shared helped, and nothing in this article (https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360008589880-Windows-10-How-to-set-up-and-optimize-a-Digital-Audio-Workstation-DAW-) improved the situation, then it could be that the system and the interface are simply not compatible. The UR interfaces do work properly on most systems but as with any other hardware/driver and system out there, incompatibilities can happen unfortunately.

Ed, I’d like to say thank you for first of all acknowledging the problem and secondly for your apology.

That is appreciated, and as the saying goes the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem!

The advice to sanitise a PC as a dedicated DAW is however not particularly helpful to most of us. Unless you are running a full studio this is simply not practical, but in that case you are more likely to have a high end RME or other audio interface.

Objectively Steinberg’s audio interfaces are far more likely to be in home studios, where users do not have the luxury or a dedicated machine and/or need the flexibility and convenience of having other stuff running. That is certainly the case for me, and a requirement to run nothing else would absolutely be a deal breaker.

My personal experience is that the drop outs occur when there is significant hard disk activity saving files while the interface is capturing. I’m no expert but my sense is it must be related to the driver somehow being interrupted by that disk activity. If that gives you any idea please try to fix this, because otherwise my UR44 is an excellent interface, that is unfortunately badly let down by this issue.

Many thanks and Happy Christmas!

1 Like

Hello I have had problems for driver update … I get this note throw-regOpenKeyEx0 en resultadoIsWin10O
I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2.
Someone has had the same problem… Thank you

I have had dropouts and glitches, too. This was because of these reasons:

1. energy saving scheme (now starts automatically ultimate scheme when using DAW)
  2. MS windows updates. (wait for fix or uninstall)
  3. I/O latency problems of the motherboard (not really solvable or buy a new MB/CPU, perhaps deactivate devices and services, tried also changing interrupts)
  4. Hypertreading (deactivated in BIOS/UEFI, sharing cores is sometimes time critical)

After all that I have to live with some glitches in high demanding projects (and surfing at the same time. Browser needs a lot of performance for instance.)
Good luck!

I have a 4or 5 year old UR22 mkII and Windows 10/64 bit on an older HP laptop. All sound started to be scratchy and distorted. Windows told me I had the latest driver (2.0) so I was blaming iTunes and Win Media players and getting nowhere. Finally I tried Steinberg support and found this driver (2.0.4) and it works perfectly again. Try it!

I also found out that if the interface is installed with the Universal MS Drivers it is not recognised as ASIO device in Cubase.
But after I installed the driver I was no more able to select higher or lower bit rates or sample rate.
So now I can only select 24-Bit/48kHz.
With the MS driver I was able to select up to 24/192.
Found that on my normal PC under Windows 10 as on my DAW-PC first on Windows 10 and now on Windows 11 the same behaviour…
Kinda strange

Ok so I just found that as Yamaha ASIO Device I can select 192kHz

But not in Windows WDM/MME there I am stuck to 24/48

Coming back to this thread after nearly 2.5 years, as my daughter has got herself an electric guitar and I wanted to set up my old UR44 MK I for.

But noted that the current driver version had moved forward quite a few numbers, and set it up on my pc first.

Not sure about the audio drop outs, but certainly the the noise on my speaker output that was one of the other key factors driving me to Audient has been eliminated!

It sounds great! Can anybody confirm if the drop outs have been completely eliminated? If so I am tempted to revert to this myself!