Yellow "Audio Outputs Not Connected" in Project Window

Hi guys,

I’ve noticed I can pretty much do everything I used to do with the new Control Room workflow that I used to do before Cubase 7. I’ve noticed however that even if I do NOT connect the output stereo bus in the OUTPUTS tab of VST Connections, it still needs to at least be “active”. In other words, if there is no buss existing, I will get the yellow “Audio Outputs Not Connected” in the project window.

For some reason I thought it was OK to not have any busses existing in that tab, but it looks like it must be created even if not connected/activated.

Can someone please confirm that this is correct?

Just put “off” your control room ! (F4 > Studio), this happen when control room is powered on And no connection inside.

Not sure what you mean by the yellow audio outputs not connected…I can’t seem to get this message no matter what I do…even by deleting everything in vst connections.
However without that stereo buss in outputs I of course don’t hear my mix as the channels cannot be routed anywhere.

Just put “off” your control room ! (F4 > Studio), this happen when control room is powered on And no connection inside.

I think the point is that he needs to use control room??

Hey Grim, I’m actually having a hard time replicating what happened. But just for kicks, I went ahead and turned off ALL outputs in the VST Connections and even disabled the Control Room. I don’t see the yellow type appearing in the Status Line at the top of the Project Window. This is contrary to what I expected.

Weird…

OK, I was able to reproduce. I changed my connections in VST Connections, shut down Cubase, and relaunched and opened another project. I think I know whats going on… I thought the Steinberg Hub templates we create retained the VST Connections used… apparently not. If I make a change, next time I launch Cubase and select the template where I had certain Control Room settings setup, they were not part of the template.

Scratching my head…