Zero Downtime Management

Hi Guys

I have misplaced my dongle and have a ZDT activation code but I cant get it to work would someone know about this as the Cubase support team are pretty slow to respond. I keep getting a message licence not activated I have ordered a new eliscencer also but may take a few weeks

Not quite sure what you are trying to do…if you don’t have an elicencer there you cannot activate the licence?

Or did you mean you already have one spare elicencer that you can’t get to work but you ordered another?

Well the thing is , if I understand correctly you actually need another elicencer usb dongle to put the zero downtime licence onto which means it is pointless. If you had another usb elicencer you would just transfer your licence to it anyway.

Well the thing is , if I understand correctly you actually need another elicencer usb dongle to put the zero downtime licence onto which means it is pointless. If you had another usb elicencer you would just transfer your licence to it anyway.

You don’t understand correctly.
The OP can not transfer his licence to a new dongle as he has lost that licence along with his dongle.
ZDT allows you to get a licence when your active licence is not accessible due to loss or damage. So if you have a spare elicencer you can be up and running in a few minutes.
Without ZDT in these circumstances you have no option but wait a reply from Steinberg support which could take days.

Thank you for that reply, I do understand but saying it a little differently. You still need another USB key to put your temp ZDT onto and without having another USB to do this you can not get Cubase working. So whether you are waiting on another USB key to arrive for the ZDT code OR waiting for Steinberg support to contact you (while also waiting for another USB key) you still don’t get Zero Downtime you just get downtime. Which is ovbvious.

Of course If you DO have a spare USB Key, then yes the ZDT temp code will save you until support can sort out a proper licence replacement.

Cheers guys I’ll wait until PMT or production rooms as stock I though the temp code allowed me to use the product as when I first had it the eliscenser didn’t have to be plugged in until a certain amount of time.
Cheers for the info guys