Zoom l12 driver

Hi, while I try to use the l12 I get the following error message: It was not poosible to load the audio driver, make sure the audio device is properly connected to the computer.
this happens when in the window “studio setup” “vst audio system” I select the zoom 12 as a driver ASIO
I made a check and the zoom is properly connected and recognized by windows 10 pro.

Can anyone help me ?

THANKS AND REGARDS
Piero

[attachment=0]

Hi,

Unfortunately ZOOM driver is not very stable. Use ASIO4ALL instead.

Has the driver problem been resolved?
I have the same case, windows 10 won’t install the zoom L-12 driver and the mixer cannot be used in cubase PRO.

Hello, i am sorry but i can’t help you because i am not using the device since a couple of years

I’m experiencing the same problem. I’m using Windows 11 . I tried asio4all and it didn’t work

Please help

I haven’t had a problem with the L12 /L20 drivers on Windows in the past, but if I get a chance in the next week or so, I’ll try to check them out again, maybe something changed. Right now they’re busy in the studio connected to Linux DAWs in class compliant mode and both work just fine. Class compliant mode also works on MacOS BTW. But when I had them attached to Windows 10 DAWs (running Cubase, Studio One, Bitwig, Reaper, etc.) using the Zoom ASIO driver, there were no issues that I can recall.

BUT you need to keep in mind that both the L12 and L20 have THREE physical switches on the back of the console that you need to set correctly, the Zoom ASIO driver DOES NOT control those settings, unlike drivers for other audio interfaces. So perhaps you are experiencing a problem there? Please pay close attention to those switches!

1 - The MODE switch needs to be on AUDIO INTERFACE

2 - The CLASS COMPLIANT MODE needs to be switched OFF if you want to use the Zoom ASIO driver.

Turn the CLASS COMPLIANT MODE to ON if you DON’T want to use the Zoom ASIO drivers at all. Like I mentioned, the class compliant mode works fine on Linux and MacOS, but I don’t recall if I ever tested class compliant mode on Windows. You may actually need to uninstall the Zoom ASIO driver on Windows if you want to try the class compliant mode there, not sure. In any case, the Zoom ASIO driver will NOT work properly if class compliant mode is switched ON!

3 - The SAMPLE RATE is hard-locked to whatever rate you set it to on the back switch! Make SURE your Cubase/DAW sessions MATCH the hard-locked sample rate of the L12/L20! I usually ran the L12/L20 at 48KHz and my DAW sessions were the same sample rate of course.

BTW, I’d also suggest you make sure that ALL SYSTEM SOUNDS are NOT routed through the L12/L20. Make sure that ONLY your DAW is going through the L12/L20, and again, double-check those switches above and perhaps that will solve your troubles!

As long as I had those settings correct, I had a good ol’ time with both the L12 and L20 on Windows, and frankly I found them to be very stable on Windows. The L12 and L20 are very nice devices. YMMV. Good luck.

P.S.: EDIT: Make sure to set the switches correctly above, and REBOOT your DAW so the computer can properly connect to the L12/L20 with the correct settings activated. Your DAW may not respond well if you play with the switches on the back of the L12/L20 while you have an active DAW session!

P.P.S.: EDIT #2 - I have NOT bothered with ASIO4ALL for this TBH. There was no need IMO. However, when I get a chance to hook one of them up to a Windows DAW again, I’ll test things out again though.

And also, make sure you are using a short, high-quality USB cable. I use short USB 3.0 extension cables connected to the factory-supplied cables, totaling about 6 or 10 feet max, I believe, but I recall 15 feet gave me some problems a while back.