Zoom Menu & Zoom/ Mouse Wheel Scroll Customization

First off, I love love love the additional zoom features. I love these things in particular:

1. When switching between the main views Waveform, Spectrum and Loudness, the views retain your current vertical and horizontal screen settings. (Not so in WL7.)

2. Vertical zoom to specific time length options. (500ms, 1s, 2s, 5s, etc).

There are a few things that I have questions about though. Before posting here, I searched the Wavelab manual, the Zoom Menu and other menus, and the Steinberg Wavelab 8 forums. I was not able to find the answer.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there way to set a macro for a custom vertical zoom time length other than the options shown (500ms, 1s, 2s, 5s, etc)? I seem to remember PG talking about this option coming with WL8 in a WL7 forum.

2. Is there a way to alter the amount of zoom with each ctrl-mouse-wheel-scroll? I am aware that I can alter my scroll wheel sensitivity in Control Panel . The problem is, I have it set to the most sensitive position (in my case, 1 out of 10), and it still zooms farther than I’d like, especially when the waveform is zoomed in very close for precision zero to zero cutting. (Also, when I have the Control Panel vertical scroll set to 1, the scroll in the WL menus and in other programs is WAY too slow.) If there were a WL menu item that said something like, “for every ctrl-mouse-scroll, zoom in ___ samples per screen point,” that would be AMAZING. Ideally, I’d like this to act independently of mouse-wheel-scrolling left or right on the waveform (i.e. NOT holding down ctrl). But come to think of it, that would be another great feature: A menu item that says, "for every mouse-scroll on the waveform, move __ distance.)

I anticipate this question: “But don’t you know changing the sensitivity in Control Panel mouse settings, will alter your Wavelab customized scroll sensitivity?”

Yes, I am aware that changing, for example, Control Panel scroll setting from 1 to 2 will probably multiply the WL customized scroll settings times two. But I am ok with this. Once I figure out my preferred settings, I won’t mess with them.

Sorry, no to your 2 questions.