Zoom r16 and cubase as a DAW control

cubase sees it, just not as a midi device for control for some reason

What is that USB MIDI Interface? I know it’s not the R16, but…

It’s what i’m using as a small interface for work when I zoom or use microsoft teams. The r16 doesn’t talk to them. Here’s the manual for r16 making it sound easy.

Please, what’s the device name and company?

It’s the Zoom R16

You’re saying the the USB MIDI Interface is the Zoom r16? I’m lost.

no the USB interface is a small alesis mixer i also have hooked up. I use it with my condensor mic for online meetings (like microsoft teams, skype, cisco webex, etc). The R16 won’t interface with those so i use the small mixer for work meetings online. I want to use the Zoom r16 interface with cubase. i can get audio in and out of it, but it won’t control cubase. Cubase won’t even see it as a midi control option for some reason. The zoom R16 manual says to select “mackie control”. I can do that but cubase still won’t let me select the r16 as the control.

the Euphonix is an old net controller for protools. BTW

Try removing the Alesis device to see if it permits the Zoom one to appear.

I assume you restarted your Mac already during all this…

Sorry to say, there’s nothing that can be done on the Cubase end if the MIDI ports of the Zoom device are not presented by the OS.

1 Like

ya i’ve tried all that. But i’ll keep messing with it. Just can’t figure out what it won’t see it as a control. That video i posted from youtube above starts with “now that we set up your r16 as a controller…” but there’s no video i can find to show that step.

I noticed. It was all about the magic of moving faders!

exactly. looks like click and play but not so much i’ve found. I’ve set up 100s of controllers with protools, but cubase is new for me and not sure if my elements version has all the options for this.

It does- it’s just a plain old midi port, and the Mackie Control remote does the work. But it’s all just midi commands, no voodoo.

1 Like

well, appreciate the help. If you think of anything let me know.

1 Like

i shouldnt need the VST on a mac should I?

What do you mean, the VST?

No, not needed.

Hi,

Have you already tried to choose the USB MIDI Interface as an input of the Mackie Control, please?