ZOOM R16 SETUP IN CUBASE LE 4

I recently purchased a Zoom R16 recorder bundled with a copy of Cubase LE 4.

I was wondering if anybody could give me step by step instructions on how to set the R16 up in Cubase.

I would like to be able to multitrack record into Cubase via the R16.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you :slight_smile:

Okay so you are using a USB interface. I assume you have already downloaded and installed the device drivers. Everything you will need to do is under the DEVICE menu. From there you will need to go to the DEVICE SETUP. Click on VST AUDIO SYSTEM in the left side, and under the VST AUDIO SYSTEM in the right side click the ASIO device that you will use…in this case, your Zoom R16 device. From there apply your changes and close that box. From there go to DEVICES tab then to VST CONNECTION. There click the INPUTS tab and click the cell for LEFT IN under DEVICE PORT. You should see all the inputs from the Zoom device. You can use I think 8 inputs simultaneously…so you can ADD BUS 3 times, which gives you a total of 8 inputs. From there just click the DEVICE PORT for that input and select the corresponding input. You can rename the names of the inputs to whatever you would like.

When you add an audio track select the input to whatever you are recording from, and to do 8 tracks simultaneously, just add 8 tracks and select a different input for each input and arm every track to record.

You should be good to go. Hope I helped and btw, if you like recording simultaneously, take a look at M-Audio 1010LT. It is a PCI interface. Cubase LE 4 will allow you to use 4 of these at once fro a total of 32 Simultaneous tracks with about 6 milliseconds of latency. for $149 a card…that’s not bad. If you have more questions shoot me an email. j_derrick@live.com :smiley:

Are you sure about this???

LE4 total of 16 I/O allowed…

Thats what I thought, 'cause it’s 8 in LE1…plus the fact that no matter which Cubase version you use, it will only address 1 ASIO driver at a time, so you could run 4 cards using a third party driver like ASIO4all, but I doubt you’d get 6ms of latency.

Anyways you can daisy chain the Zoom R16 so that 2 units combined will give 16 simultaneous inputs.

The M-Audio Delta series cards allow 4 instances of the card, so for the 1010 and 1010lt you can have 32 analogue I/O and 4 digital I/O giving 40 I/O in total from the one ASIO driver.

Well there you go…you learn something new everyday.

Yes I am 110% sure. All the cards are listed under the M-Audio ASIO driver. And if your computer has the more powerful components, you can have a low buffer size in your M-Audio control panel…which puts your VST system at about 6 ms of latency.

I’m still having trouble with this…

I’ve followed all your instructions but I’m still getting no signal whatsoever :frowning:

It’s frustrating :confused:

WAIT!

I’ve sorted it now, I don’t even know what I did!

Thanks a lot anyway guys, it’s good to know that i’ll always have other users to keep me on my feet!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi!

I cant understand why I cant find any frequency on my r16? Help pls! :frowning:

Hi,
Best start a new topic and give a better description of the problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

…ive done allof this and still cant seem to get it running…

I too am having issues with Cubase LE 9.5 and Zoom interface. I’ve downloaded the Zoom R 16 audio drivers but Windows 10 states the USB device to the computer has malfunctioned. The USB works for every device except Zoom R 16. Any ideas?