Zoom very slow in Cubase 8.5

More details :wink:

New project with 33 audio tracks, no plugins, all tracks are visible on the 27" screen.
Horizontal zoom of arrange window is very unresponsive and not ā€œsmoothā€ (in german : hakelig, sry :wink: )

Within Studio One and Logic X zooming is very smooth (play or stop mode), same tracks imported.

Next try. Same machine but now running Windows 7 with Bootcamp. Zooming is not a problem with Cubase.

So I think, itā€™s not a hardware problem, maybe a driver type theme. But ā€¦ if so, why zooming within Logic X and Studio One is well done?

In fact it is not a question of 'the Mac Hardware is a problem that must be solved by Steinberg. I have a Mac Pro Early 2008 with 14 GB of RAM and 8 Core processor, I also tried to change the video card but the problem persists.

It misses the hardware is the software on the Mac has video- related problems.

Exactly my thought as well. Abletonā€™s zoom beats out both, LPX and C8. I did another test run on my Windows 7 Core I7 machine. Zooming there is as fast as it is on Ableton, instant reaction. Iā€™m going to test it tomorrow on a MacPro 4,1 and report my results.
Does anyone work with Cubase 8 / 8.5 on the new MacPro Dustbin/ Darth Vader Helmet ? How does the zoom work there ? Iā€™m curious cause i think that the current Software is being programmed on the latest machines.

System specs:
MacPro 3.1 early 2008, 2x 2.8 GHz Quad Xeon, 24GB Ram, OSX 10.11.6
tested with ATI Radeon HD 5770, ATI Radeon 2600 XT, ATI Radeon 4870

Intel Core I7 5820K, 64GB Ram, Asus X99 E WS, Asus GT610-SL-2GD3-L , Windows 7 Pro

I see my regret that you have not created any updates to improve the graphics problems of Cubase. I would not wait for the Cubase 9 which moreover will be paid.

With regard to this problem of slow graphics, it was not made any updates from Steinberg.

Surely now it will be presented on 9 Cubase and as usual I will have to pay for the upgrade, not a good practice since I paid to upgrade to Cubase 8 to 8.5 but until now I could never use it.

Really sad.

No guarantee of that, so donā€™t pay yetā€¦! Wait. Wait for the demo edition and try it for yourself before paying. You alone decide. It is your money, you control it.

Its an optionā€¦?

Can anyone confirm if this issue is resolved in cubase9?
Iā€™m also on a mac.

Not resolved on my side here since i have a 2008 MacPro. I gonna switch to PC now for the faster Workflow so my heavy SamplePlayer Workstation becomes my main DAW.

I confirm that, unfortunately, on my Mac (Early 2008) Cubase 9, continues to have problems with the graphics, perhaps even worse than Cubase 8. Iā€™m really disappointed because there is no certainty that a new Mac Pro is working properly.

I am very sad, because I love Cubase and I would not go to Logic Pro, but with Logic everything works well from the graphic point of view.

Was this fixed in Cubase 9?

Nothing changed on Cubase 9 Pro.

Mac pro 3.1
tested original graphic card, rom flashed HD6870 1G, Non flashed GTX 970 with Nvidia new released web driver and cuda driverā€¦
This is not a Hardware issueā€¦
100% steinbergā€™s technical problemā€¦

in a month, I have to choice Logic or PCā€¦

I didnā€™t even realize this was an issue until I went to another studio running Studio One Pro. Wow! I couldnā€™t believe how snappy zooming was in that!