[10.5.0] Transport Panel (F2) still horrible

OK the time for April Fool’s is gone and it’s not funny anymore – please bring back the C9-style Transport Panel!

Instead of fixing this, yet another option has been added (Location Range Duration). With everything forced onto only one line in C10, if you “Show All” the panel is already wider than a full HD screen! How can this be anything other than a major UI design flaw? :imp:

[EDIT] Title updated to reflect the fact that it’s still horrible in the 10.0.30 update
[EDIT] Title updated to reflect the fact that it’s still horrible in the 10.0.40 update
[EDIT] Title updated to reflect the fact that it’s still horrible in the 10.0.50 update
[EDIT] Title updated to reflect the fact that it’s still horrible in the 10.5.0 update

Same issue with toolbox being over one line, not 2. Terrible decision which requires more mousing around.

Don´t understand this.
the F2 transport bar always cover everything. most users did not want this big 9.x window anymore.
Now we have enough possibilities above and below the arrangement to set everything, adjust to your own gusto.
I prefer the new look.

+1

I think the floating transport bar could be less wide however. doesn’t need to be like the docked one.

The problem is not that it’s always on top (which it should be), it’s that the redesign in C10 is too wide to on the average screen with everything in one line.

most users did not want this big 9.x window anymore

What evidence do you have to support this statement please? Most newer users probably don’t even know it exists (press F2) and the old design could never have been in the way (if this is what you mean by “this big 9.x window”) because you could move it, or make it smaller and/or switch it off again with another press on F2.

The new C10 Transport Panel is too wide to fit on a 1920x1080 resolution screen if you want to see all the items (“Show All”).

+1

+1

+1 Please get my old school panel back…

1 Like

+1

Totally agree! The next big frustration is that the Project Window Toolbar & lower transport bar don’t scale. So if you add more options than it can display within the length of one full HD screen they simply disappear! The only way to get them to appear is to uncheck other options!

1 Like

+1 korrekt! this is very frustrating and of poor and unprofessional design.

They could remove it completely.
I haven’t found any use for it, or the old one for that matter since they don’t have anything I don’t have displayed in Cubase anyway.
If anyone could describe where it could be useful, I am all ears.

+1

And, like somene above, IF I would use it at all, I would prefer the new look/size (but my screen resolution is 2560x1440).

+10000. Absolutely ridiculous. This is basic meat & potatoes usability.
This design decision along with broken Hitpoint Detection and other daft v10 changes (eg right click menu) makes me question whether this program is really designed by those who have experience using it day to day any longer - and whether now is the time to jump ship. I feel so frustrated.

1 Like

Why remove?! You could simply toggle F2 and be done with it?

The point is that the fixed bars also don’t scale correctly. If they fix this your option might be considered?

You can remove it yourself with F2, but many of the rest of us are wondering why, seeing as Steinberg re-wrote it, it hasn’t been thought through or even properly tested. As for use cases, what if you want to have the transport controls closer to where you’re working onscreen, e.g. in the middle of screen as is possible with Reaper, or WaveLab?

PS I have little or no use for side-chaining, how about we remove that? :stuck_out_tongue:

You can remove it yourself with F2, but many of the rest of us are wondering why, seeing as Steinberg re-wrote it, it hasn’t been thought through or even properly tested. As for use cases, what if you want to have the transport controls closer to where you’re working onscreen, e.g. in the middle of screen as is possible with Reaper, or WaveLab?

PS I have little or no use for side-chaining, how about we remove that? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Putting the transport bar (F2) wherever you want in a useful way was the initial question!! The question is not about ‘use or removing’ it. it’s about usefulness. The transport bar as it is is useless because with all options enabled it won’t fit on one full HD screen. It becomes too wide and thus unworkable! The sole purpose of a floating transport panel is that it is/was easy to handle and it shows all options you’d like to add. The v9.5 was perfect in all respects because it had two lines that fit all the options within one screen. The v10 does not and is totally useless in that respect!

But suppose you would decide to press F2 and not use it? The Project Window Toolbar & lower transport bar don’t scale. So if you add more options than it can display within the length of one full HD screen they simply disappear! The only way to get them to appear is to uncheck other options!

So we’re left with a crippled ‘optional (F2)’ panel but also a ‘crippled’ fixed upper/lower bar because it won’t scale all the options you add!

And that really needs to be fixed ASAP!

+1
+100
+100000
You should offer the possibility to resize the bar at the discretion: distribute it on several lines, make it smaller or leave it long (for those who appreciate it being long).
In short, the user MUST be free to do so!

1 Like

+1000000 Exactly! Let us users resize it the way we want! The same should go for the upper & lower bars! if you want more you can expand if you want less you can reduce. Shouldn’t be so difficult to achieve?

THAT exactly is the point.