12.0.50 issue : sample editor reset when using "definition" tab in the inspector

Hello,
In the sample editor, suppose you are editing some hitpoints or variaudio or other stuff.
If you click on the “definition” tab in the inspector (then do some edit or not with it), the next time you will open the sample editor for any audio event, >everything< will have been reset to default !
Layout, parameters like “audio feedback on” or for example in variaudio : smart controls set to “show all smart controls” back to “Default”, everything !
I noticed this issue since Pro 12 but I don’t remember exactly if it’s since 12.0.0 or after
Please have a look to this short video : Cubase Pro 12.0.50 : sample editor reset issue when using "definition" in the inspector - YouTube
(Of course safe start mode / deleting preferences have been tried etc.)

Help @Martin.Jirsak ! :slight_smile:

Help @wavefunktion @fese (and @Martin.Jirsak again !)
Can you reproduce it ?
I already opened a ticket to Support but it’s the same blah blah as always

The only workaround I found is to :

• do what you have to do within the Definition tab
  • select / expand another tab in the inspector to collapse the Definition tab >BEFORE< closing the editor

That is a known issue since C12, it is here in the Bug WIKI, Steinberg have acknowledged it (has a CAN-number), and no, sadly it hasn’t been fixed yet. Annoys me as well. :rage:

This Bug wiki is a gold mine
Thanks !!