3.5 Elements Activation Fail

I have sent several messages to Dorico on Facebook and the admin in the UK on the other end don’t seem to understand my dilemma but it’s real and convoluted concerning the new Steinberg licensing system.

I have purchased Dorico 3.5 elements and I have purchased Cubase 12 Pro. This was some time ago and my problem is that on the new licensing system the new manager the only software displaying that I own and is activated on my only laptop is cubase 12 Pro. It also states that I have the free Dorico 4 SE.

However on my e-licenser it states that I have Dorico 3.5 elements and it states that I have cubase elements 11 and sequel 3 free and sequel 3. (I upgraded to cubase 12 Pro from 11 elements) THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION ON THE E-LICENSER THAT I HAVE UPGRADED TO CUBASE 12 PRO AND ON THE NEW STEINBERG ACTIVATION MANAGER THERE IS NO MENTION THAT I PURCHASED AND UPGRADED TO DORICO ELEMENTS 3.5.

Dorico UK could not understand my dilemma but basically I wanted to take advantage of the Black Friday Dorico 4 Pro half price offer but because Dorico elements 3.5 is not showing on the new Steinberg activation manager I cannot upgrade because the only place it is showing is on the e-licenser and if you actually delve deeper into my account you can actually see three programs that are on the e-licenser but once again no mention that I actually purchased cubase 12 Pro.

This all happened at the time the new Steinberg activation manager came out and I was told they were phasing out the e-licenser and bringing it all into the new activation Steinberg manager but what has happened is that not all of my paid for software has been transferred and I cannot physically purchase Dorico 4 Pro because the process will not acknowledge that I am the legal owner of Dorico elements 3.5 it only says I am the owner of the free Dorico 4 and I am rather upset to say the very least as an amateur musician who doesn’t make a dime from music and I’m in the process of learning the fine arts of music production

I spent $1,000 with native instruments and purchased komplete 13 ultimate bundle Plus bitwig studio for and FL studio all plugins and I’ve never ever had any issues with any software that I have purchased but Steinberg is a nightmare and what I need is for all of my paid for software to show up on the new Steinberg activation manager and that is what the failure is because it will not acknowledge any upgrade with it just being on the e-licenser. And even that doesn’t even show that I purchased cubase 12 Pro half is on the e-licenser half is on the new Steinberg activation manager and this is not good enough because whenever you want to get hold of anybody from Steinberg nobody is available there’s nowhere to email just absolutely nothing and not everybody earns big money from creating beats and 500 bucks or a thousand bucks or even 200 bucks it’s actually more than what I spend on food a week.

I’m trying to do the right thing here by purchasing all my software as I can and I saw the Dorico 4 pro offer half price but I will have to pay the full price as if I’ve never ever paid anything on Dorico and even though Dorico 3.5 elements is a basic step up from the intro of Dorico It did actually cost me nearly $200 and I need someone who has the authority to sort my activation out because this is not my fault.

Dorico 4 SE was automatically installed on my laptop at some point and this afternoon I’ve had to uninstall it and physically download the software I bought 3.5 elements and install it but still I have Dorico 3.5 elements showing on the e-licenser but not on the Steinberg licensing manager and I have cubase Pro 12 showing on the Steinberg manager and not on the e-licenser

I just want the kudos rebate if I upgrade to Dorico 4 Pro and why should I have to pay full price just because it doesn’t display on the correct license ?

It’s extremely worrying parting with any more money when this happens and there’s no one to contact and yet other companies like native instruments and even bitwig get back to me within 24 hours.

I know I’ve done everything right but head office HQ need to sort my licensing out and from what I read I’m not the only one in this situation.

Kindest, Steph

Acer Nitro 5 515-54
Intel i5-9300H
2.4Ghz Quad
32 Gig Ram
6TB SSD (3x2TB)
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Dorico 3.5 uses the OLD elicenser tech. This is completely SEPARATE from the newer Steinberg licensing software. So, you need to run two separate things to have both software operate: the old elicenser software and the new Steinberg license manager (all new programs are migrating to the latter).

Also, the records of your purchases should show in your Steinberg account, regardless of what each respective licensing schema shows. It is this record that will determine upgrade eligibility, if I understand the system correctly.

Yes I have the e-licenser running and I have the Steinberg activation manager running but in order for me to upgrade to Dorico Pro 4 I need Dorico 3.5 elements to show on the new Steinberg manager but it is on the e-licenser so pray tell how do I upgrade and purchase the offer of Half Price dorico Pro 4 when it says on the Steinberg activation manager that I don’t own any dorico products ? There’s no way for me to upgrade there is no upgrade button and it’s not physically possible because the license is missing on the new license system

I fully understand you saying they work on different licenses but both licenses are running at this moment but I cannot upgrade and take advantage of Dorico half price because it will want me to pay the full money half price and I’ve already purchased 3.5 elements

It would seem that nobody can understand my dilemma but I cannot physically upgrade from 3.5 to 4 Pro with Dorico It won’t let me it physically won’t let me it says I only have the free version Dorico 4

Did you purchase elements 3.5 under a different Steinberg ID?

You should have to log in on steinberg’s website to purchase the cross grade; it should show up there. If it’s not showing up there, you must have used a different Steinberg ID.

No I only use the one email of which is my name at Gmail and I originally purchased cubase elements 11 but I also purchased Dorico 3.5 elements at the same time because it was all I could afford and then at a later date I upgraded to cubase 12 Pro but could not afford Dorico but the upgrade was roundabout the same time as Steinberg initiated the new activation manager I can provide photos and screenshots and probably bank statements and everything else but I only have the one Steinberg ID but it is a complete diabolical situation with the activation

The problem is it is not showing up on the Steinberg activation manager All that shows up there is that I have purchased cubase 12 Pro and also the free Dorico Yes in my account it shows that I have purchased Dorico 3.5 elements and it is also on the e-licenser but I cannot upgrade to 4 Pro Dorico because it is not on the new Steinberg activation manager for some reason it needs to be on the Steinberg activation manager that I have purchased Dorico 3.5 elements there is no physical way that I can see of doing it because there is no upgrade button and there is no mention of it in the manager the new manager

Of course it is in my account and also on the e-licenser but the problem is that it needs to be on the new Steinberg activation manager and it is not written there. It’s a worry because money is precious to me

Okay I am looking at my account now I am in my Steinberg account My products it’s got my email address It lists three products
Cubase elements 11
Dorico elements 3.5
Sequel 3 free

THAT IS ALL THAT IS RECORDED IN MY ACCOUNT IT DOES NOT EVEN LIST THAT I HAVE PURCHASED AN UPGRADE TO CUBASE 12 PRO BUT IT HAS REGISTERED IT IN THE NEW STEINBERG LICENSING MANAGER CUBASE 12 PRO IS ONLY RECORDED IN THE NEW LICENSE MANAGER

On the e-licenser on my laptop all it lists are the three items that are in my account and doesn’t mention cubase 12 Pro

Something tells me there is something seriously wrong here and I have spent a lot of money Well a lot of money for me

All of this is spoken warmly

Your Steinberg Licensing products will be listed here:
https://account.steinberg.net/products/licensings

This article explains how upgrading works if you have an eLicenser-based product such as Dorico Elements 3.5:

Dorico Elements 3.5 uses the eLicenser system. When you purchase the Dorico Pro 4 upgrade from Dorico Elements 3.5, you’ll receive a Download Access Code that will upgrade the license in your eLicenser Control Center, and then add a Dorico Pro 4 license to the Steinberg Activation Manager. It’s that simple.

I am just going through my PayPal payments and on the 18th of May I made a payment via PayPal to the Steinberg online shop for $493

That will be for cubase 12 Pro upgrade from cubase 11 elements

I have found a payment from the Google Play store in 2020 for the Android cubasis of which I got at a discount

I will be searching PayPal for the two payments for Dorico 3.5 elements and also cubase 11 elements

Rest assured I am a fashion designer with my own enterprise and I am a part-time music tinkerer and I am speaking 100% the truth and I have purchased all of these softwares but they are not registered properly in my account and I would like this rectified please by someone who has the authority to go into my account.

I will endeavor to find those two payments for Dorico 3.5 and cubase 11 elements of which I made on the same day but I am wading through many many thousands of dollars paid out to software companies for music software from native instruments bitwick studio FL studio Zero G and many others

I wish to purchase Dorico 4 Pro but before I do so my licensees need to be put in order but I have taken a photo of the payment to Steinberg for $493 on the online shop made in May and I will endeavor to find the other two payments but I speak 100% the truth and I’ve already lost money over the last 10 years to three companies of which I will not name here but I’m not going to lose any more money but music is my life even though I’m not a professional

Thank you

Stephanie

Slow down. Have you read my post above at all?

There’s nothing out of the ordinary going on here. Both Cubase Elements 11 and Dorico Elements 3.5 use the eLicenser system exclusively. Their licenses aren’t supposed to show up in the Steinberg Activation Manager. Please take a look at the article I linked and follow the instructions.

Is your Cubase Pro 12 license working normally?

1 Like

Yes my cubase 12 Pro works perfectly and is the only paid software to show in the new Steinberg activation manager

When I open up Dorico 3.5 Elements there is no upgrade button and obviously it is not in the Steinberg activation manager so I cannot click “BUY” so I cannot see a way to upgrade 3.5 elements to Dorico 4 Pro without buying Dorico 4 Pro FULL of which ATM is $477 on special whilst the upgrade from 3.5 to 4Pro is $411.

The only way I can buy Dorico 4 Pro is by navigating manually in the SB shop and buying the upgrade from 3.5 elements but if my new LICENSING is not showing I have 3.5 elements then I figure it will not activate but I don’t know I will read your link. (the new FREE Dorico 4 SE has an “UPGRADE” button but 3.5 hasn’t.

To reiterate the only place that states I have purchased cubase 12 Pro is in the new activation manager, It is not stated in my account or in my e-licenser but at least I have the receipt for that purchase.

Thanks

Stephanie

Hello I read your article and I clicked on the link to show all of the licenses in my account and noticed that Dorico elements 3.5 was not listed only the free 4 SE

But from what is written i gather that I go into the shop and choose upgrade from 3.5 elements Dorico to Dorico 4 Pro currently at $411 and then get the access code put it in and everything should be perfect :slight_smile:

I will have a cup of coffee and then muser up the courage to take the plunge with my money and see what happens :slight_smile: slight chuckles here, I might be back :slight_smile:

Have a fantastic day or evening and thank you so much for all your support … So far :slight_smile:

It’s definitely not ideal that new Steinberg Licensing-based licenses and older eLicenser-based licenses don’t appear in the same place on our web site, and are shown in two different applications on your computer. We are working to complete the transition from eLicenser to Steinberg Licensing so that we can at least partially unify the way this information is presented to you.

If you go here and sign in with your Steinberg ID, you’ll see your Cubase Pro 12 and Dorico SE 4 licenses shown directly, and a button to click to view your eLicenser-based licenses, which will then take you to the old MySteinberg site, where your Dorico Elements 3.5 license should appear. If your Dorico Elements 3.5 license doesn’t appear there, click the big red “Register / Activate Software” button, and follow the prompts through there to associate your Dorico Elements 3.5 license with your Steinberg ID.

If you have a Dorico Elements 3.5 license, you are definitely eligible for the Dorico Pro 4 upgrade, if you want to buy it.

Just an update that I have just paid 24 New Zealand dollars to upgrade from 3.5 elements to Dorico 4 and PayPal took the $24 out of my account and I have not got the software I did not get an email from Steinberg and I have not got an email from PayPal so I have just messaged PayPal and to be honest with you I think this just sums up My complete negative experience with Steinberg and I think this whole system is just broken with licensing and ordering.

I tried to log into the shop first it said I had to log in to a special online service which was a different password to my account password and after getting that I have now lost $24 so I may get it back from PayPal but to be honest with you I’ve never ever had an experience like this with any other company and whilst the software might be top-notch I’m afraid that licensing organization and just everything else as a little bit tempestuous.

Have a great week.

Stephanie, with all due respect, your story doesn’t quite add up.

For starters, the Steinberg store shouldn’t be prompting you to log in to other services. Something seems amiss there. I’m not in New Zealand, so perhaps there’s some other system in your neck of the woods, but I am not in Germany either, so I would expect that—both of us being outside of Germany—we should see roughly equivalent things. My only guess here is that around the time when we migrated to the new forum, there was a discrepancy between the old Steinberg accounts and the forum accounts; eventually these were synced up, but I did have to have two Steinberg logins for a while. Perhaps this is what you are referring to.

Secondly, if PayPal processed a transaction, you would have a receipt. It’s automatic. So if you “didn’t get an email” it’s either because you have your settings set such that you do do not want emailed receipts, or it went to spam for some reason. Nevertheless, it would show up in your PayPal activity log at any rate, and you should be able to click on it to view the invoice, and you would have proof positive that the transaction was successful. Once every blue moon, PayPal gets out of sync with a website and doesn’t always ping you back to the original vendor. Is this what happened to you?

Regardless, a screenshot proving the transaction took place should theoretically be sufficient for the powers that be to help you. You won’t be left out in the cold. I cannot fathom why you are having such troubles… it is not at all the normal experience, as countless users here will gladly testify.

Please find attached to screenshots of the transaction from my bank to your third party who deals with the money The first PayPal took $24 out of my account but somewhere in your shop the transaction failed and it never went through

I messaged PayPal explains that the system in Steinberg failed and the transaction was never completed and 5 minutes ago the $24 was returned to my account $24 New Zealand being Black Friday price to upgrade from 3.5 to 4 on Dorico

If you log in to Steinberg shop You cannot use your default account password to actually place an order there is a separate part of your online shop where there is a different password for when you place orders and it is so unnecessarily complicated and convoluted

I will not be messaging the forum ever again but please do not ever suggest that I’m full of BS or that I’m lying I’m speaking 100% the truth and now that I have my $24 back I may or may not try to get the Dorico 4 upgrade

Stephanie

Stephanie, I did not accuse you of lying. I said something wasn’t adding up, and suggested what could have possibly been going on. And please do not read my observations as being those of “Steinberg”; I’m just a fellow user trying to help you suss it all out.

As I mentioned, sometimes PayPal gets out of sync with a website and a transaction fails; it appears to be exactly what happened, per your response from PayPal. “Livingcecom” also appears to be a third party, as I would have otherwise expected something Steinberg-y to appear there.

Have you tried simply attempting the transaction a second time? Perhaps it would go through if you tried again.

As I said, I’m sorry you’re having such trouble.

Stephanie, if you would like to send me your email address via private message here, I can ask my colleagues who have access to our web shop back-end to look up your transaction and make sure that you receive the Download Access Code you have ordered.

stephaniesancia@gmail.com

Apologies for late reply very late but I have renal failure I’ve been unwell but I have just posted this afternoon as I want to sell my cubase 12 Pro but keep my Dorico 4 and I needed to check all is well because the only financial proof I have but I upgraded from cubase 11 elements to cubase 12 Pro is receipt from PayPal from last may who deducted 493 NZ dollars payable to Steinberg on the receipt from PayPal but it does not say cubase 12 Pro but that is what it’s for but I did not get an email from Steinberg but I have cubase 12 pro showing in my activation manager and cubase 11 elements showing in my elicenser. The thing is I’m going to advertise cubase 12 Pro but if I haven’t got an email from Steinberg where does this leave me when I go through the transfer licence wizard ? I purchased cubase elements 11 and dorico elements and then upgraded to pro but because I have found reason 12 and I love it I want to sell cubase 12 Pro so how do I go about this with all due respect ?

When I upgraded to Dorico 4 I had a neat little receipt sent from Steinberg through email but I did not have that when I upgrade it to cubase Pro 12 even though I upgraded in the Steinberg shop and paid with PayPal and you can clearly see in may last year I paid Steinberg 493 NZ dollars with PayPal but I have no email from Steinberg but I do have a copy of the activation manager with it activated and I understand I have to deactivate it first but this is really really confusing

If you read my post from this afternoon you will see what I’m talking about

Kindest Stephanie

You should find that you can download invoices for all of your past orders in the Steinberg online shop via the “My Account” area: