32BIT PLUGIN BRIDGE PETITION. Please sign.

Steinberg,

We, your loyal customers, hereby ask you to please bridge support for 32bit plugin as you did with Cubase 8.5 64bit We understand that time and company resources have gone into the production of the Cubase 9 platform. We value the work, talent, and innovation that has created such an incredible audio technology. It does not go unrecognised. We want to keep the legacy of our 32bit plugins in full perpetuity, so when someone asks “how did you get such an incredible mix?”, we can answer by saying… “Cubase”. Please leave us with the tools to make this technology continue to live.

Respectfully… your loyal customer,

You’ve got jbridge. F#CK 32bits it’s BAD for stability and there are plenty of current 64bit alternatives.

The internal bit bridge is NEVER coming back, and it doesn’t need to because jBridge is just plain better.

Besides, it’s been 10 years since 64 bit DAWs became widely used. There are likely dozens of better sounding 64 bit alternatives to every single 32 bit plugin that you might still be using, including the very old Overdrive plugin you mentioned in another thread.

Simple +1 for guys who actually are interested in signing :slight_smile:

So you figured out the first 2 aren’t. :wink:
Seriously it’s a non request. there is Jbridge and stability improvements in C9 have been HUGE.
32bit non compliant plugins are a pain in the neck and the cause of all evil, they are banned and everyone stubborn enough to keep using them is on their own. This is the only way it can be. I run 64bit VST3 flavours only and my system has NEVER been this stable.

While you’re at it, why not petition for a version of Cubase that runs on your Commodore 64

use jbridge for gods sake, It was better than the bulldt in bridge anyway.
Steinberg should concentrate on more important things

Nope… Not 1 bit!!!

We, your loyal customers, hereby ask you to focus on new innovative improvements and bug fixes instead of wasting resources on something that was never going to work very well. We value the work, talent, and innovation that has created such an incredible audio technology. It does not go unrecognised. We don’t want to keep the legacy of our 32bit plugins so when someone asks “how did you get such an incredible mix?”, we can answer by saying… “Cubase”. Please continue bringing us the tools to make this technology thrive in the future.

Respectfully yours… MitchieMasha

Brutal indeed :slight_smile: - Looks like plan B to hire a programmer to port these over to 64 myself

What plugins are you talking about? You mentioned some “overdrive” what else? Please provide some
exact product information with URLs so we know what you’re talking about.

Yes, I have to say I actively do not support this idea – 32-bit is in the past with Cubase, and even though I lost a few plugins I used to love, I’ve found replacements and have moved on completely. I don’t say that to be mean at all, I say that to be realistic. Cubase has many major core engine/GUI/etc. issues that need to be fixed, and 32-bit is already gone.

Plus, jBridge - I had it and used it all of the time before I went all 64-bit. Cheap and highly effective.

overdrive & qf1 (qf2 no good)

What overdrive? There are tons of plugins called overdrive?!?

Overdrive cubase legacy plugin

Now this is silly…but surely it wouldn’t be hard to get it working back on that old Atari ST I still have in the loft. :wink:

But I still want it to be 64 bit.

It’s not gonna happen.

:frowning:

-1 too

See posts 2, 5 & 8…

C9 dont need 32x bridge.
C9 need old SX3 plugins in 64x