504 error downloading Steinberg Download Assistant, Displaying Hub

Thanks Bigbstrat for confirming. It’s only strange that there’s no reaction from the Support Team. After all, this problem seems to be known since a couple of days and has been reported in many other threads as well.

1 Like

Since yesterday…

Hi all
I had to reset my laptop and lost all data

I’m trying to install soft elicenser, but I do get a failure code: “504 Gateway Time-out”.
I think I can restore e-licenser from old “download folder” - but then I need a new “registration/activation code” - how do I get that ?
or how do I download soft e-licenser again ?

Is it at my side that something is wrong or are your server out of order ?

Can anyone help asap ?

Yes, at present their are issues with the Steinberg website.
Have a look here:

The e-licenser is included in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

1 Like

Thanks Fantom, it looks like it is working here :slight_smile:
have a great day

1 Like

I do too.

If anyone has a workaround for MAC elicenser download such as Fantom’s for Windows, please post. This situation has been nerve-racking. 2 days with no access to projects, would have never updated my OS.

1 Like

I learned of it last Friday. I called Steinberg tech support. She didn’t know of it. While we were on the phone, she looked on her end and it did the same thing. So, we wait. :slight_smile:

thank you OMG its works :blush:

1 Like

I thought I was the only one receiving this error. You can’t download any trial versions. I’ve tried several ones and once you click on the download trial version or the download assistant tool a 504 bad gateway timeout page opens up. Is Steinberg even aware of the issue.

1 Like

… anyone else? Twenty characters

What the hell is going with this. C’mon Steinberg, we paid good money to buy your stuff at least you can do is acknowledge that there is an issue and working on it. You guys don’t have a 24/7 support for issues like this. I got projects I have to finish.

1 Like

This is really bad, can’t install cubase for two days now.

Just got the license for Cubase LE, and have had this 504 issue since trying to download the assistant for a few days. Thank you for this link, Fantom! I scanned for viruses, just in case, and it looks clean.

Thanks for mentioning.
Just as a thought: I am at this forum to help people. I am not anonymous.
Isn’t it a bit 21st century paranoia that you feel the need to check this file for viruses?
(but no offense, you didn’t do anything wrong)

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Nothing will happen today cuz it’s Sunday. The earliest is tomorrow sometime. Steinberg, you guys need to get 24/7 support for issues like this instead of having to wait a few days for a fix.

2 Likes

I do feel your pain.
We are probably too dependent of things we do not control anymore …
I guess the problem with the Steinberg server is similar, but on another level …

Thank you Fantom for the google drive link everything seems to be working fine. what an odd situation where you cant download the software that is supposed to download the software and yet the software that downloads the software works i hope Steinberg makes more software :joy:

1 Like

Right. Nothing happens on Sunday. As nothing happened on Saturday or oin Friday. Maybe Monday?
Honestly, it is a bit of a disgrace. There is not even a mesage on the internet site.

I’m so proud of myself. Not for composing a disco tune in 2023, but for finding out I need my Steinberg products to get the string sound I want, then finally figuring out how to move my licenses over from my old PC to my new MacBook. Old and busted, meet new hotness. I digress. Everything was going swimmingly with the eLicenser on both systems and in my account on the Steinberg site until I actually went to download the software itself. Like Halion. It might not be much, but it’s hilariously ironic that when I finally resolve my technical issue, an even bigger one is waiting.

Glad I found this thread detailing others’ grief on the problem. I don’t know if it’s been isolated geographically or not, but here on the West Coast of Canada, it’s definitely down as of noon Sunday, PDT.