7.03 Hang-ups upon closing - Anyone else?

Oy. No - it’s not a plug in problem.

With all plugs and VIs and 3rd party software and video card drivers and audio card drivers and MIDI interface drivers and USB peripherals and EVERYTHING ELSE THAT PERTAINS TO COMPUTING removed, it still hangs.

And before you say it’s automap, it is NOT automap.

Before you say it’s controller surface related, it is NOT controller surface related.

The problem is the dongle and/or dongle driver, which I feel I can prove.

Jeff, I looked at your site and have a better understanding of what you are doing with C7. Great. What you don’t list or describe is your computer (or computers) or your OS. Is this something you don’t want to share?

I have to think you contacted Steinberg Support directly about this. Can you tell me what they think is causing your problem?

You said you think it’s the dongle driver system/interface? Since all Cubase users are using a dongle and a huge majority are not experiencing this hang problem, what exactly are you wanting Steinberg to change? I’m not sure what this answer might be, but whatever it is, why do you think this will solve your problem?

my dongle is connected into a usb hub which also has the Steinberg TP and PD controller running of it.

would be great to blame the hub but huh? the hub worked perfectly fine with Cubase 6. and actually with Cubase 6 still installed on my PC it closes fine. but C7 hangs. so its not a hardware problem ok!

The ‘Save As’ procedure suggested by mr.roos yields the same results as ‘Save’. The project continues to spin at the active project CPU level and will not close. But thanks for the suggestion, it was worth a try.

This is one of the more annoying little things in my book. Which, I’m rather glad it happens at a point where no work is lost. But it hangs way way too long. I can save the project and it saves quick. I wait a few moments until I am sure it is done saving, go to close it, and it hangs. I very often have to force quit.

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

i do the same and get exactly the same.

Yup. Me Too! Hangs on closing the program and then freezes the whole machine. I have to use the task manager to close everything else down and then it won’t shut down. I have to use the power button to turn it off at that stage - not good! I noticed that even if I try to turn off Cubase in the services tab it still won’t work - won’t shut down.

On a fancy smancy computer too with no odd things added. In fact it’s an Inta Audio made machine - this shouldn’t be happening?

Havelock

Hello!

Do you guys have a midi to usb device/cable?? the only times it happen to me is because my usb to midi device is connected or because I left my apollo opened when putting my computer to sleep and then resumed (the uad plugins have issues with sleep mode) Please let me know! It might be something else for you but if we help Steiny pinpoint the problem it will fasten the process of fixing it :S

ive got a USB audio interface…the Steinberg UR824.

if Steinbergs own audio interface is hanging the damn prog then thats really shameful

Could also be a plugin that is causing the hang. Been there, figured that out…

Here’s something I read somewhere but kind of ignored it because it sounded too far out to be realistic. But then, I thought, what the hell? What harm can it do? So far it works for me. Why? No idea!

So please, just try this. Nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

When you’ve finished your session, SAVE. Then change something. Move a clip, whatever. Just make a change. Then quit. Cubase will ask if you want to save your session. Click Do Not Save.

Now I’m not saying this is 100% or that it will work for everyone, but if it makes any difference at all it must be worth a try.

Out of interest, please report your findings. I don’t believe in magic so there must be a logical reason for this hang-on-exit problem. So if this makes a difference at least some of the time maybe it will be a step in the right direction??

Good luck

It is not a plug.

Not that either. You cant SAVE if there is no session open, right?

He’s saying save before closing the session instead of via the dialog box when you do.

No hang here…

If you read what I actually wrote it might help. Why not just try what I have suggested. What harm can it do?

This is the procedure I suggest:

I see no point in quitting an empty Cubase, unless you load up Cubase and then get called out before doing anything. I’ve only ever had the hang-on-exit after quitting a session.

And Like I say, just try it. I didn’t discover this I read it somewhere but it works for me… so far at least.

What I am saying is that if Cubase hangs when no session is open, then you cant SAVE. This means that how you save has nothing whatsoever to do with the hang. Please read the entire thread, as this has been covered already.

Cheers.

In that case, create a session or open an old one, add/move a clip (or whatever). File/Quit. When Cubase ask if you want to save your project, choose: Do Not Save

Then see if Cubase still hangs?

It’s not rocket science.

Oy vey. :unamused:

YES it still hangs. Read the entire thread please.