7.5.10 discussion and questions

works after removed C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7.5_64
but this is not normally :imp:

Any word on the window focus/key command issue? Sure would be nice to just use my key commands without having to click all over the place…

Opening the preset browser used to take a moment, and the mouse arrow would flash really quickly between normal and the busy symbol (hour glass on Windows). It was slightly annoying but I could put up with it. This appears to be fixed! At least in Halion 5 - it now opens almost instantly. I haven’t had more time to test it in other scenarios like track presets or VST presets.

Yes, it is.

No changes as far as I see.

A huge +1 for this. Especially with some the same key commands being the same for the project and MC windows (visibility presets)!

No Problems my end.

My upgrade went without any problems and so far the program is working good for me. For the things I typically use I don’t see much of a difference. Except the program and project load times seem like they might be a second or two faster (but maybe not). CB 7.5.10 is rock solid so far. Thanks Mr. Steinberg for all your efforts. :slight_smile:

Waves plugins have disappeared, post updating.

Deleted the “Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml” file – no joy.

Plugin rescan instantly crashes.

It won’t reset or show them in the plugin manager. They continue to work fine in other DAWs.

Will try the gold standard, trash prefs. (or at least a Ctrl-Shift-Alt on launch)

Yikes, I haven’t had any issues like this since pre 7.04 days.

I’m sure it’s just my particular configuration, but anyone have Waves issues post 7.5.10?

(also, fyi, I’m on the latest r15 version of Waves – only a few days old – but which did work before the 7.5.10 update. latest video drivers, etc.).

UPDATE: Bummer, looks like I’ll have to revert. (Reverting didn’t help – it probably isn’t a 7.5.10 issue.)

Do they have VST3 versions available?

No. Those, too, have become not visible.

You will probably need to clean install the Waves plugins (make sure you backup your presets).

Thanks. Yup, just did; no joy.

I was just about to build a new DAW-only rack PC. Maybe now, sooner, than later. Start with a fresh install of everything.

Jalcide re Wave Plugin error

There’s this referenced in the C7.7.10 Update pdf

Page 9 Cubase 7.5.10 Known Issues

Midi Section

R-6640: Waves 9 r8 or lower incompatible with Cubase 7.5
Please make sure to use recent versions of the Waves plug-ins.

Could this be it?

Cheers
Dave

Thanks, Dave. No, I’m on r15 (latest).

Cubase just keeps adding the Waves Shell to its Blacklist, no matter what I do.

I can’t go back to r14 (if that would even fix it) cuz I bought the Scheps 73, which is only in r15. Grrrr.

no more EDITMODE since 7.5.1???

I can’t understand this…why does Stein… removed this???
It’s a huge pain work with media and no edit mode, may you please add this action???

Nuendo it’s not a option for musicians, and most of us use to work in movie features and tv, I spend a lot of time doing synch without this and every time I open a PT session I can’t understand why CB doesn’t have it/

:cry:

huh? Cubase never had Edit mode, it is a Nuendo exclusive feature for working with video.

Toronja has a LOT of problems. Maybe he should do the sensible thing and not complain here but contact support or post ALL his issues in the “ISSUES” forum. It’s where issues get dealt with. The clue is in the name.
And most of “us” do not work “in movies” and if we had problems like that Cubase would be gathering dust
underneath the Oscars. :mrgreen: (I painted mine in Union Jack pattern) :laughing:

dios mio…

I think that many people work with video, and Cubase has lots of tools for do that, so…perhaps you are wrong, I compose music for films a cubase it’s a great daw for this, it’s no my problem if you don’t, but I never disrespect you so perhaps you should be politer or say anything if you don’t know.