9.0.20 experience so far?

I’m getting a lot of “Cubase Has Stopped Working” on shutdown of projects since this update. I wasn’t seeing ANY of this behavior on 9.0.1.0. Not happy…after being plagued by this on 8.5, Cubase 9 seemed to fix it. Now on 9.0.2.0 it’s back!
:angry:

Cubase 9.10 was pretty good on the pc side of my mac and now with the update the playhead is as bad as on my mac side. Ugh Steinberg. Back to 9.10 on Windows 8.1

Flawless so far. And they fixed the midi input assignment on imported tracks. :slight_smile:

No problems, neither GUI, crashing or whatever and can confirm, much snappier than ever. 2 year old projects loading much faster than before. Especially the loading of instruments which have heavy loads on data.

I just find it so interesting that people’s experiences of the exact same DAW are drastically different

Well, that’s really surprising. Usually I had never serious issues with SB updates.
But - whatsoever 9.0.20 made - now I had to uninstall even some of my NI (free) plugins to get the parallel installed (but sharing some things for sure) 8.5 working again. Then 9.0.20 was installed and it opens but things are missing in the Mediabay…so I don’t know what to think.
Since I am not a professional music maker or studio owner, my approach will be to wipe off all from SB and start from zero… :frowning:

I stopped using NI plugins the miniute I opened C9 because of UI lagging.

I’m now using only VST 2.4 plugins that have a VST3 version and no lagging whatsoever.

As for these issues around the Cubase UI lagging, try using a CPU with the latest SSE instructions, I did that an no more lagging at all :slight_smile:

virtual Keyboard short cut Alt+k not working
even in drop down menu, tried preset delete and reinstall to no avail ! The only way to turn it on/off is through the transport control drop down , I’ve already put a ticket in as it seems it’s clearly a bug? I’m a laptop user so it’s a function I use a lot away from the studio while working on projects at home .

Installed the update. All seems to be in order.

I would agree - if everyone had the exact same system. Steinberg do a pretty amazing job given the various hardware and operating system permutations. :sunglasses:

OK I decided to go ahead and install, first on my less critical laptop - which worked fine on .20 - then on my main workstation, and I’m pleased to say so far there are no downsides. All working well here.

Those who have problems need to know you can uninstall the update if you go to Control Panel/Programs and Features/View Installed Updates/ then select the Steinberg 9.0.20 update and uninstall it.

On Win10, you may need to do a search for the old control panel to get at the installed updates feature. I cannot see that feature on the new style Win10 interface settings app.

Maybe someone knows better?

So you are suggesting that Cubase updates shall ship with hardware upgrades? LOL :smiling_imp:

Some vst that are 64 bit dont work properly in it…goes out of tune…media bay dont work…Spikes…audi drop out…wish I never had to upgrade…wondering if most who write on here use their software as a audio recorder instead of as a midi recorder. Are most users here window users…sure does sound it…maybe windows version is different then the Mac?..Hopefully I can find the plugins replacement in Kontakt form!..

No Problems over here.

Rock solid.

Hi

Running CB 9.0.20 since three days - no issues besides occasionally the already known blue screen after closing it. :wink: :frowning:

Cheers

No I’m suggesting for people to update their computers or wait until Steinberg backfill support.

With 9.0.10 is 9 out of 10 times when quiting Cubase I got the message ‘Cubase has stopped working’. That seems to have been resolved with this new version.

But…I now have some strange behavior in the mixer. After selecting a channel and moving up/down the volume fader with the mouse it randomly jumps to different tracks. Even when I select it again it just jumps to another? If I use my Panorama P1 I don’t seem to have this issue? Strange! Not sure if it’s only this project, because I haven’t tested it on another yet.

Work in progress.

Try creating a new project, Select All and copy into it.

No Issues at all.

Nice studio. Thanks for posting here.