9.0.20 experience so far?

I have the same issue. I thought I was imagining it.

However I am now back on 9.0.10 as I have been having some real problems with some VST3 instruments. Arturia seem to have been badly affected. However, I can’t seem to find out how to access their 2.4 versions to check if they work ok. uhe do not seem to be able to make VST3 work properly at all.

I’m on C9.0.1 and this happens to me all the time! Cubase will crash when I go away for an hour. And after hitting End Task, C9 won’t leave the Task List!!! “Windows Problem Reporting” will also hang in the task manager. I have to reboot. So annoying.

Ran 9.0.20 for a day. Stutter, stutter, jumpy screens.

Just horrid.

Back on 9.0.10 which has always worked well for me. It’s been stable and reliable.

Dunno what is going on a Steinberg, but they obviously don’t understand regressional software testing properly.

One release is good, next one horrid, next one ok etc etc. I understand these things are very complex, but the do need to up their game re consistent testing, and start listening to users much more.

It is still early but I have not found anything wrong yet.
Rock solid, the few days I have used it.

I have an instance of Arturia JUP8-V and Prophet-V in this same project and both VST3. But I haven’t encounter any issue with those and worked for quite a few hours on this project! I quickly browsed trough the other synths within the collection but couldn’t find any issues. You had the choice at the installation if you wanted to install both VST3 and VST2.4. If you you can’t find them you probably only installed the VST3, as I also did. So it looks like the wheel of fortune weather you will have issue or not with this update and with what applications?

I have reverted back 2 times with past updates and it was never a big success. So I either stick with the latest update and try to find the source of the issue(s) or completely reinstall the latest version of Cubase. The latter may also solve the mixer issue? But I currently don’t have time for both.

The 9.0.20 plugin manager got stuck twice scanning my plugins, I was trying to get some of them off the blacklist.
I had to force quit Cubase.

The VST’s I need work though.

Not noticing much of a difference compared to 9.0.1. It works well enough for me to get work done. Finished a project started in 8.5.x without hiccups, worked on a couple of other projects without incidents.

No trouble with Arturia VST3’s on my system.

Update ran fine yesterday.

Like the new Overview window ‘readability’ of what’s displayed there with the new (section) edge markers too; something I’d commented on in a Feature Request a while back. Much easier to see what/where you’re working on now. Thank you (I guess that’s directed to Dave Nicholson.!).

Now, how about that colour/hue of the highlighted range (Range Tool) - needs to really stand out much more please.! Currently, its very pale and wishy-washy looking; gets worse depending on the colour of the event/part…

Just saying…

Bob

Generally speaking everything is ok with 9.0.20 update on my system. I just finished recording and mixing a song for my client (4 musicians, live drums…) and everything was fine.

I got HUGE cpu spikes when playing the keyboard on synths - which I dont get with the IDENTICAL system and settings under Cubase 8.5
So there seems to be something wrong… but I guess no one can help here. So I have to stay with 8.5

Update running fine here. I have had random crashes over the past few days but it might be unrelated - or a 3rd party plugin is upset I’m not sure.

You’re more likely to get someone to chime in with some suggestions if you start a new post detailing the problem(s) you’re having. Better still if it’s titled something like “Huge CPU Spikes with Cubase 9.0.20”…

For me it seems to be working smoothly. Have not had any dropouts since 9.0.20 installed. Thanks to Fabio and the rest for making this better!

Has anyone had a problem with mixdown in 9.0.2? I tried to mix down a couple of files this morning and they were playing back faster than the recorded versions. Has anyone else seen this? How do I fix it or go back to 9.01?

I’d guess you have an incorrect sample rate set somewhere.

That’s what I immediately thought but I’ve never had the issue before, and I made sure to match it for the MP3 mix down. It did the same thing for wavs.

My 9.0.20 ran fine with a few test projects, but as soon as I hit it was some large heavy VST samplers and effects it started to stutter badly.

I actually thought it was going to be good for a while, and felt encouraged, but when I settled down to real work with a multitrack project and lots of VSTs, it was frankly unusable.

Back to 9.0.10 for me until I hear their announcement of the bad build they just threw at us. It’s almost as if someone included the wrong software module build number in the current version - and yet I have seen that done in a pro product before. Another company fixed a load of bugs then released a version which included the unfixed modules. And I pestered them for 6 months before they saw their mistake!

Can you be more specific about what you made sure matched?

Oh sorry, the sample rate of the project and the MP3 sample rate in the mix down dialog.

OK…could you also make sure the project setup and your interface setup is matching before you run an export.

And to confirm have you actually played the project before mixdown to check it sounds OK?

And finally, please re-import the mixdown into the same Cubase project and check it there to rule out something with the player software.

The project plays fine prior to mix down. I will check the other two suggestions this evening. Thank you for your time.