A BFD3 thread?

dear Sam,
of course we wish you everty success, but the fact that a migration and an update disables my app is unacceptable! And I am on line, logged in, fully authorized and jumping through hoops!

Also, several attempts to log a ticket for support have not resulted in any response yet.

I must say that I am losing confidence in the team over at BFD to actually do the simple things right. It is amazing that they have not sorted out the licence manger issue already, or issued an apology and a statement of intent.

Feels like I’ve been waiting years for stability and BFD3. I predominantly use SD3 now, as also been with Toontrack from the DFH app days. The later kits are easily on a par with BFD3 and the composition/production tools, integrations with their other products is superb. No crashing, no offline working issues, easy to licence etc. I hold out hope for BFD3 but as a commercial operation, it’s an absolute no go.

Hi guys. I am really wondering if it is worth staying with BFD3. I will stick with 3.3 and possibly think about adding Superior Drummer 3, despite the pain of downloading it. The inMusic BFD3 delivery, migration, disaster or whatever you choose to call it, has been depressing beyond my worst fears. Your thoughts?

I’d to be patient a little longer. The next rev is looking stable according to the beta-testers who have been checking in, and the offline issue has been fixed according to them and Drew (BFD Drums support person). Also, there is a new rev of the License Manager that is said to take care of the licensing issues. It sounds like these next revs will be out in a couple days.

2 Likes

The kind of info I was hoping to hear. I will wait a bit longer then Thank you for that.

1 Like

I really hope this is the case as would love to be able to utilise it again. I have most of the libraries, so a dusting off may be possible soon.

I have gone back to the latest BFD 3.4.2.1 in the anticipation of a workable offline version coming out soon. I can work offline but only after the License Manager calls in. If I don’t open the BFD GUI everything works, but as soon as I open the GUI I have to wait 2 or 3 minutes for this to happen. I can then shut off the internet until I have to re-boot Cubase.

I also have been having an issue dragging grooves from BFD to the BFD midi track. I have a workaround by creating a midi track linked to BFD and they drag into this ok. I can’t drag the Drum Track into Cubase, but this has been an issue for a while. I am assuming that other users are having similar issues?

You might be interested that Don’t Crack are running some good offers on all the BFD stuff.

I am now a beta tester for BFD. Given the level of investment I have made in this software I offered my services and was accepted. I have been testing the latest version of BFD and the License Manager and confirm that it works offline without any (so far) issues. I did have a few simple installation issues, but will clarify how to solve them when the new version is released. I must say that I feel a lot more confident about where BFD is headed. I have no idea when the release will be.

BFD3.4.2.4 has been released.

There are detailed instructions for Existing users and New users.

Existing users please note steps 5 & 6 otherwise the install may not complete.

1 Like

BFD3 finally works offline again on my PC and Notebook. Works as standalone and as VST in Cubase 11 and Reaper 6.29 (Windows 10).

1 Like

The update seems fine. Thanks.

1 Like

The latest update appears to have fixed all of my issues too.

Yes it is generally good news. I hope now we can look forward to BFD4. Any suggestions that you can make will get relayed to Drew.

Well, I held of upgrading literally as long as possible - until I got a new PC and had to install it. When migrating you see a bunch of different installer/license-manager/librarians for different VSTi’s. This new BFD License Manager was one of the easiest to use.

1 Like

:broken_heart: I hope a new build hits before you start getting :wilted_flower:

Hi - For all you BFD3ers out there, I thank you in advance for any tips in Cubase 11. Until today, I have always exported my BFD3 audio to an external drive, and then dragged each file into Cubase audio tracks for processing, mixing, etc. But today I saw a video of someone using either Logic or ProTools, and they were porting their BFD3 audio directly into the audio tracks. I tried to do this in Cubase 11 Pro - I activated the BFD3 outputs, assigned each BFD3 mixer channel to a different Mono output. But when I went in to the Cubase audio tracks, the BFD3 outputs weren’t showing up, just the Stereo Out. Am I missing something? On the videos, people using ProTools and Logic could just select whatever BFD3 mono out channel they wanted. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks, raino, for your prompt response. I have done that, but I am having trouble with actually recording the BFD3 channels into the Cubase Audio or even the Cubase BFD3 sub-tracks. I must not be activating or connecting something correctly.

If like me you use the internal BFD3 editor for drum parts, then you probably don’t have a MIDI Part on the BFD3 Instrument Track because you don’t need one. However when using Render In Place Cubase uses the MIDI Parts to determine where to Render along the Timeline. So try drawing in an empty dummy MIDI Part on your BFD3 Track and then Render.

1 Like