A central repository for expression maps?

Maybe it would be convenient for many users if there was some central repository for expression maps. Now they are sort of scattered all over this forum and elsewhere.

Anyway, here is an expression map that I’ve made this afternoon for Embertone’s Joshua Bell violin. Be sure to set “Pro controller” in the control tab, otherwise the keyswitch keys won’t match the patches.
JoshuaBellViolin.doricolib.zip (2.04 KB)

1 Like

The idea is that Paul will add expression maps to this sticky thread. I expect he’ll add this one, too. If there’s any further information that might be useful to somebody trying to use the expression map, share it here and we’ll copy and paste it to the sticky thread.

1 Like

Ok, that’s cool!

I’ve made a note of this - I’ll update the list when I’m back at my computer

1 Like

Now done

1 Like

Hello,
Stradivari Violin: Cinematic : Stradivari Violin | Komplete
Somebody has expression maps and keyswitch keys for Dorico?
Thanks

from this thread Expression Maps for VSL and Dorico 3.5 - Dorico - Steinberg Forums last post there’s another one of mine as well if you do want to keep things centralised.

What patch is the Joshua Bell expression map for?
The Pro Keyboard configuration?

Hi, maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t have any method of importing this expression map into Dorico 3.5. Unzipping the file reveals a .doricolib file that can’t be opened by anything. I’m on Mac OS X 10.15.7.

The easiest way is to simply drag that file onto the Steinberg hub. Or once Dorico is open, you can import the expression map in play mode.

I would suggest either dragging and dropping onto an open project window (rather than onto the Hub), or go to Play > Expression Maps and click Import Library.

Does anyone have an example of playback of the Joshua Bell vst in Dorico? I would love to hear how well it was able to translate.

1 Like

Hi. What is the contol tab refered to above and where can I find it - I have Dorico Pro 3.5.
Thanks, ColinD

I expect the “Control tab” is in whatever virtual instrument is used to play the Joshua Bell violin – presumably Kontakt.

Hello,

Where can I find this control tab? I also can’t really seem to find it, I have tried to open kontakt player (who plays the Joshua bell violin VST) but I can’t seem to find any “control tab” to enter “Pro Controller”, a clarification would be highly appreciated!

Hi

you will find it below the main image in the UI - it’s the rightmost of 3. see here: https://soundbytesmag.net/review-joshua-bell-violin-from-embertone/
CD

Just a note to say that the forthcoming scorico.net will have an extensive section on expression maps, where users will be able to browse and download them freely.

5 Likes