Add New Preference -Open Projects with it's Last Saved State

Please add the following option to the Cubase>Preferences>General>Open Projects menu:

“Open Projects with it’s Last Saved State” - When chosen, this option would open each project in the exact state it was in when it was last saved and closed. “All settings” that pertain to each specific project would be saved and restored upon opening it. “All settings” mean EVERYTHING. Every setting, view, zoom level, everything typed in any menu and submenu, including all things in the “Audio Mixdown” and submenus, etc.

Here are the options currently available. I do not believe any of these setting do what I am asking for.

"Open Projects in Last Used View Allows you to select whether projects are opened using their original window layout and settings, or using the view that you last used on your computer. This can either be the last used view that was saved on your computer or one of your specified global workspaces.

• Never - Projects are always opened using their original window layout and settings.

• Only External Projects - Projects that have been created on a different computer are opened using the view that you last used on your computer. Projects that have been created on this computer are opened using their original window layout and settings.

• Always - Projects are always opened using the view that you last used on your computer."

I am sure that feature requests similar to this have been asked for in previous versions of Cubase. Hopefully, adding another FR in the CB9 forum will keep the ball rolling and get this incorporated.

Regards :sunglasses:

On my Annual List for 10+ years. Actually… I don’t think it needs a pref. I think EVERY CPR should always open with the same cursor position, zoom, etc.

One of those little things that will never happen, but which I support whole-heartedly… like truth, justice, love, etc…

I am sure I +1’d every post you submitted on this topic. Seems like a no brainer to me that everyone would welcome this. I am guessing that this must be a tough one for Steinberg to incorp. Possibly due to the way the CB software is currently written. Who knows.

Regardless… we persevere. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

I waste lot of time with this, needs to be solve because it senseless you have to move zoom, cursor position and main ruler when you work with different projects (let’s say, always)

Regards
Pablo

+1

+584372716328428²

This is why we can’t have anything nice. :bulb:

+1

And preferences for it would be good. Some checkboxes which parts to consider a project changed and also restore as loaded at other time.

I definitely think it should be a preference if it’s added, being a “clean slate” type of person…

+1