i press 1 - serum open
2-diva
and so on ???
why ???

I need to use 3rd party program .
We are on 2022 :man_facepalming:
Let work flow be easy

2 Likes

By default it is not assigned to a keystroke, but Key Commands>Edit>Edit VST Instrument will open the VSTi on the currently selected Track.

Yes but if i know i want serum why to serch all the time why i cant press 1 and it will open without all this mess

2 Likes

Because you can have hundreds of Serums running at the same time.

1 Like

And you can also have hundreds of different VSTi’s. At some point you need to indicate which specific instance of a VSTi you want to edit - Cubase can’t read your mind. Some folks literally have thousands of Instrument Tracks in their Projects (mostly film/video folks.), way more than all the available keystrokes.

I think you didnt understand what i wanted
For example if i want to export i press E key then he export

If i want serum vst-i i will press 1 key
If i want spire vst-i i will press 2 key
And so on

I know wich vst i want so why go to vst and the write his name then ok .

2 Likes

Voted. I want someone at Steinberg to be listening to this:

Please give us a way to add a new instrument track without using the mouse. Keyboard shortcut, Remote Midi, for the love of god something. Is anyone hearing this? We’re looking for seamless workflow experiences, it’s like you’re just on the cusp, there are ton of great suggestions that would get the job done, we just need one. Please make it happen. Anything in this vein, I’ll take this over my own suggestions using Remote Midi, just something. Please.

1 Like

@raino
There is nothing in the suggestion that precludes this, there is still a command to open the VSTi for the current track. There is nothing to add a new instrument, preconfigured or not, without using the mouse. Nothing that I can find anywhere.

1 Like

@Johnny_Moneto
I don’t understand how this is a counter argument to OP’s request. The button to open the VSTi for the currently selected track doesn’t have to change at all. How do you add a new instrument track with the desired VSTi, preconfigured or not, from a key command or any other way without using the mouse?

@raino
This is in no way a solution to the problem. Stated differently, how do you add a new instrument track without touching the mouse. There is an incredibly strong desire for this functionality from a ton of creators.

If I or OP have somehow missed where it is possible to configure this or make it happen currently, please provide functional information that accomplishes this - even if through more complex scripting. Anything that makes this happen. Like OP, I’m not seeing that anywhere, and we want a mouseless solution for a seamless workflow.

My friends on other programs making fun of me . It look like cubase do so much not importent stuff and not making workflow easyer

1 Like

@psynir , @EnergyCrush
I think we need to clarify what exactly OP was talking about in his intial post, as it was rather brief.

Would you like to ask for a key command to open the GUI of a VSTi, that already has been loaded to a track?
Or would you like to assign a key command to an installed VSTi plugin, so that you can press that key when creating a new Instrument track?

I think the OP should edit the wording in his post. Users get frustrated when they don’t get what they want, but it’s very important that they communicate what they want clearly and unambiguously.

And I guess after reading this thread, he’s asking for keyboard shortcuts that add an instrument track for a specific vst instrument.

Probably a better generalized implementation of this would be to be able to assign key commands for “add this specific track preset”.

However, I don’t think this is as trivial as some users might think. Key commands don’t take input … I’m not aware of any existing key commands that let you configure arguments or data on them.

That said, I do agree it would be useful in some peoples’ workflows.

No
When i am in cubase main page
I want to press for example 1 and the serum will open as new chnnel and not to open the vst list and write serum .
I know what vst i want why i need to look for it all the time

I don’t want to lecture you but if you would be more precise in your language others like me would be able to understand you better.
For example I ask an “either or” question any you reply with “no”.

So, your request is about a creation of a new Instrument Track.

I upload video so you can understand me better

You are clearly living in your own world and don’t even understand anything we discussed here so far.

I am not saying that it is a bad idea to have the ability to use a key command to create an Instrument Track with a the instrument of your choice already selected.

But even in your video you don’t properly say what you want.
It’s like I would tell you “at 3 o’clock I need to be there”. You would ask me “where?” and I would reply “there”.

Well if you dont understand the need of whatvi post in the video iguess you dont spend enoght time in cubase :wink:

The request necessitates an extension of the current design of the Key Command implementation. It would be necessary to hand over parameters to a dialog.
Presonus Studio One implemented this in its Macro section:

If Cubase could have the same, we could make a macro like
Add Instrument Track - Argument “Serum ; Stereo Out ; ; 1”

Obviously, my above is just jibber jabber since I clearly don’t spend enough time in Cubase.

Exactly, the whole issue here is not that you cannot put serum on a key command, but that Cubase’s macro system is in dire need of a rewrite as it is really old and inflexible. I am pretty sure that an update to the macro system (or better, a proper integrated scripting language) has been requested before :wink: