Adjust Icon Platform M+ for Cubase 11

Are you using a custom mapping via the iMap software, or have you got it connected as a Mackie/MCU device in Cubase? (Which is recommended).

If Mackie mode refer to the Steinberg MCU implementation section in the remote manual:-

Take note to page

Trouble is, i don’t know if those Icon devices have all the buttons to be able to get to the modes supported via MCU. i.e. for sends, plugins control etc.

You just need an understanding of how Cubase implements Mackie control, as it has certain quirks such as the channel buttons being used to scroll through pages rather than track channels. (As you’ve discovered).

However, you can change to a ‘compatibility’ mode (See page 6 ‘Choosing the Correct Device Mode’ in the above ‘Remote Control Devices.pdf’ manual ^. Which is the older/original Mackie mode for Cubase.

Ideally to get full Mackie control, you need:
Pan/mixer button,
Instrument button,
Sends button,
Plugin button
EQ (Or Dyn/Channelstrip) button

They all seem missing from that controller - which is bizarre?

As it happens, i recently drew up a diagram of a standard Mackie controller to show the note names and numbers which may help you? :-

i.e. For a ‘Flip’ button, you map to MIDI Note number 50, Note Name: D3. But what button you replace it for, i just don’t know.