AfterTouch?

Hi there,

I got new midi controller with after touch and i’m having some troubles to set it on cuebase.

Is there any video or text file that gives you some help with aftertouch? I want to use it for different sounds or playing with parameters (of attack, or sustain for example)… How can I set it?

Thank you,

Ofir

That’s not really a cubase discussion.

Well cubase will record whatever you send to it, then you can send it somewhere.

Aftertouch can be used on some keyboards to trigger leslie effect etc. but that’s in the keyboard. If your keyboard does something like that it would work when you got the midi back from cubase, it would have the same aftertouch messages that you recorded.

Well, that’s not exactly correct.

The aftertouch on my keyboard send midi signal that cubase can recognize.

It means that if I use instrument (like retrologue for example) - my keyboard won’t “record” anything.

My question is - how can I set the aftertouch as making something different (just as knob or fader for example), and can I use it on cubase to use different sound After i click it.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I am guessing that English isn’t your primary language, and therefore we are trying to “guess” a little at the question you are actually asking…
Are you in fact asking if the aftertouch that your keyboard transmits can be converted into some other MIDI controller data that can be used by Retrologue? (even though Retrologue can indeed respond to aftertouch… it is available as one of the Sources in the Modulation Matrix).
Anyways, if you have the “full” version of Cubase (as opposed to Cubase Elements etc.), you can use the Input Transformer to transform aftertouch into, say, CC#1 (modulation).
If that is indeed what your question was ( :wink: ), then we can eventually show you how to set that up :wink:.

OR (after taking a 2nd guess at the meaning of your question… sorry :wink: )…
Are you expecting Aftertouch to act as what certain organs refer to as “Second Touch”? (whereby, having pressed a note down to its initial stop position, you can then press it down still further, and it then send out a second “note-on” data).
the answer to that one is… no. (that is not what MIDI aftertouch does… and if you were under that misapprehension, then I really do advise you to read up on how MIDI aftertouch actually works… it is intended only for adding modulation (to the filter, volume, or vibrato etc.) to the notes that are currently being held down. (as i mentioned in the first part of my reply :wink: )

I got new midi controller with after touch and i’m having some troubles to set it on cuebase.

Is there any video or text file that gives you some help with aftertouch? I want to use it for different sounds or playing with parameters (of attack, or sustain for example)… How can I set it?

I have the same problem with aftertouch.
How to use Input Transformer to transform aftertouch into, say, CC#1 (modulation) ?

I will try this:

Control modulation with aftertouch?