Alliance between Harrison, Yamaha and Steinberg

Just for info folks, spotted this on the main Steinberg page -

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/alliance-between-harrison-yamaha-and-steinberg-3356.html

Presumably more relevant for those way further up the food chain than me, but wonder what this might bring in the future…

What do we know harrison of?

These guys I presume? -

I’ll be waiting…

From their website:

Over 1,500 Harrison consoles have been installed worldwide

I don’t feel bad for not knowing them :slight_smile:

First of all Harrison is one of the finest Audio & Film console companies on the planet, check out the web site & second they have a DAW called mixbus 3 and the mixer console section is made just like there hardware mixers and the audio engine is first rate, and it only cost $79.00 I use it for summing that’s how warm it is, true analog digital at its best

This could have some real potential… definitely worth watching.

If you want to hear one in action just have a listen to Michael Jackson’s Thriller album…

Using Mixbus 3 at the mo…love it!!

I’m very excited about this.
I love Mixbus’s sound, but never felt the love for the Mixbus environment. I always hoped Harrison would create a VST of Mixbus so I could use it in a different DAW. But this might be even better!

I surely hope (reading all the press announcements) that Mix-buss will be integrated into Cubase, but something tells me that a whole range of hardware products will be launched and that the only way to get the harrison functionality is through buying new hardware.

Not sure what this will lead to, but I surely would like to see Steinberg offer a new control surface for Cubase Pro 8, something like a Nuage-Junior, or anything else that will fit nicely into a Project Studio environment.

Wow this can only mean amazing new products for professional music production. Harrison have amazing products on top of their Mixbus DAW :slight_smile:

Not sure what this will lead to, but I surely would like to see Steinberg offer a new control surface for Cubase Pro 8, something like a Nuage-Junior, or anything else that will fit nicely into a Project Studio environment.

I don’t think that based on the Harrison technogoly/strongest products most logical choice to be control surfaces, I think the whole analog bussing in digital domain is the strenght of this company, also very likely is the video / controlsurface integration as this is also one of the strong points Harrison has.

+2 for the mixbuss within Cubase …

The Control Surface comment I made is something I wish Steinberg-Yamaha would make, it’s not directly related to the new alliance with Harrison, Just wanted to mention it here.

As far as Harrison’s Alliance with Yamaha/Steinberg this is good news, but I’m not sure in what form this will benefit us. Be it new HW, or SW, or a direct improvement to Cubase/Nuendo Mix-Console ? or … ? Any Clues ? What is the most likely Steinberg product that Harrison will improve, or contribute to ? Cubase, Nuendo ? or dedicated HW that will be developed in the future ? or … ?

In terms of hardware is there nothing that Yamaha can not.
And the software does not touched me.

Well, this alliance could be promising. I’d love to see the harrison mixbus incorporated into the cubase channelstrip and as seperate vst for the inserts if needed.

Had I read this 2 weeks ago I would have saved myself from spending $80 on what has now become the worst purchase I ever made (Harrison MixBus). Maybe Steinberg can take the best bits and incorporate them into Cubase/Nuendo. Seriously that software is horrendous!

Because …?

Only DAW not to recognize my ASIO drivers
Only DAW that would not recognize the majority of my plugins
No Mackie Control Surface Support. It misses the mark completely!

I’m speaking from the Windows experience. It has very much the feel of a beta DAW from the early 2000’s…IMHO.

I remember the collaboration before this with Rupert Neve. This was a bit disappointing as for cubase there was nothing, only plugins which you had to buy, do hope this time that something is included for cubase (C9 ?).

On the other hand the plugs were really good and I finally got the portico plug at discount a few years back around christmas time.