analog Book-manual- should it be separetly buyable?

analog book-manual - should it be seperatly buyable?

• yes.
  • ya, would be pretty useful.
  • no.
  • no, i only read the instructions digital.
  • i dont care, i just use these things as toilet paper.

0 voters

Hello,
I’ve recently bought Cubase Pro 8.5 , but there is a problem coming along with that. In the new version of
Cubase, Cubase Pro 8.5 is no real analog manual longer exists. I used for several years already Cubase 5 (though most of it only as an absolute idiot or less than amateur): shock: and with the former supplied the complete user was still present. then I had now written to the Steinberg support if possibly a user can purchase the analog manual individually? — ive get a answer very quickly and friendly, that since Cubase 6 this no longer exists, — I do not know if anyone at here is interesting at it somehow, but … I’m not unfortunately the type of constantly has carry his tablet PC or a comparable large monitor Mini PC with it ---- I would much rather have a analog manual in which I read all features that are not clearly known for me and study this. my question: Am I the only one or are there even other people who prefer to read their textbooks analog?

Thanks to all

You have all of the manuals as PDFs. Take them to a print shop and get them printed and bound. Alternatively, print them yourself and stick them in a folder. There’s your printed manual.

ya, shure, but i ain´t got a print shop in my close area, and it would be better to got the ability to get directly from
the company, who made, a fully analog manual (also because of the rights of the manual). in some situations, this could be very useful instead to got it only on the monitors.

I got it here: it isn´t allowed to do that: Cubase Pro 8.5 manual page 2:

This PDF provides improved access for vision-impaired users. Please note that due to the
complexity and number of images in this document, it is not possible to include text
descriptions of images.
The information in this document is subject to change without notice and does not represent
a commitment on the part of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. The software described
by this document is subject to a License Agreement and may not be copied to other media
except as specifically allowed in the License Agreement. No part of this publication may be
copied, reproduced, or otherwise transmitted or recorded, for any purpose, without prior
written permission by Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Registered licensees of the
product described herein may print one copy of this document for their personal use.
All product and company names are ™ or ® trademarks of their respective holders. For more
information, please visit www.steinberg.net/trademarks.
© Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2015.
All rights reserved.

yeh and you should always get out of the shower to take a PIS* as well, right? seriously?

Note to self: Do not stand next to Blackout in the communal showers :open_mouth:

I´d sy that clearly states you are allowed to print it for yourself

It’s a huge page count. It would cost a lot just in ink to have it printed. Also, it would be in a binder and pages tear easily. What I want is a book to read, highlight, dogear, and tab as I see fit. I tried three different places to print it, and none would let me do it because it’s copyrighted material. Yahoo has a print on demand service. It works great, and it’s cheap. Steinberg would only have to set up an account with the manuals, and we could buy them.

Sorry I can’t resist. I’m just going to leave this here (no offense(!), just for fun):

In my area the printing of that page count (over 1500 pages) does cost more than a Kindle eReader…

at my library it would be $207.75 usd for just the operation manual and they would probably kick you out and charge you for wasting all of their ink on top of that

Maybe a second screen to read the manual is an alternative if locally printing is too expensive?

Sorry, but in 2016 having to cut a tree down to read a manual is a bit out of date imo…

@Vinnie D
I´m absolutly in your opinion, but it would be in some situation better for a student to have an analog book manual, it should be even though only buyable on demand. not in commercial mass processing! :cry:

The Cubase manual is a bit an issue for me. I would prefer a good searchable in-built help like Microsoft used to have in Excel and Word but this is a lot of work and no-one is doing this these days. Using a PDF search function does not provide the same results. This is in part because the manual is a but cursory when it comes to explaining what and how. Still, I have been able to figure out most things and the many Cubase instruction videos are often sufficient.

Two things that have helped me avoid printing the whole manual are as follows:

1. Printing out only the Index
  2. Viewing the manual on my 5.7 inch galaxy note phone. (a tablet would be better)

I would not presume to advise against making a printed manual available and I might even buy one if they were, but it is not something I really feel strongly about.

You mean the pdf we have? I hope not… The current one isn’t very detailed tbh. There were a lot of articles missing in the pdf compared to the software.

Hi,

I much prefer hard copy also.

So I purchased Leon Hepworth’s manual book for about 15GBP which comes along side a Cubase Project CD.

Ta,

Paul

I would definitely buy it. I need it.
My Cubase 5 manual is well out of date.

Printed manual now. please

Hi,

Sibelius (Avid) published a manual which is circa 700 x pages. I think it cost about 30GBP. Beautiful quality and excellent type face etc.

Paul

That was in 2012, yes? The Cubase manual would be nearly 1500 pages, so it would cost even more. It’s worth noting that Avid didn’t print another one. Personally I’m all for not using paper for software manuals.