Annual Request: Do NOT Activate Project When Closing Project

If you have multiple CPRs open and you close one, the next one automatically activates.

MADDENING!

When I have several CPRs open at once and I close one I OFTEN may want to choose to open ANOTHER CPR that is NOT from among the ones I currently have open.

So I have to wait for Cubase to load up the next underlying CPR… which in my case may take several minutes. I say again…

MADDENING!

This is the kind of teeny, tiny change that -should- be attended to in a .0x release.

What, you don’t trust Cubase to know exactly which CPR you want to work on next?

Seriously, there’s no justification in any sane world for this design decision. If one uses heavy-duty Kontakt instrumentation, load times can be excruciating. Please fix this immediately, Steinberg,

Sadly, I was fired right before the mind-reading beta cycle back in 2005. :smiley:

—JC

My annual +1 for this :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

And what REALLY makes me APOPLECTIC? I’m about 100% sure it would take the dev 5 minutes to implement this feature. I mean what’s to do.

if ( pref )
load_project() // current code behaviour
else
// do_nothing

… I mean… WHAT’S TO DO?

+1

It would be more helpful to have a preference option to 1) do nothing and let me select which project to make active, 2) activate the last opened project. I agree. Not activating the previously active project would be a better default.

+1

+1
This would be nice!

Absolutely +1

Such an option would be really convenient.
I lost a lot of time because of this.

+1

+1

I think the workaround is to never close a project, just keep opening new ones? I can’t imagine that ends well during long sessions, however …

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1 drives me nuts too…

+1

+1 2019