Annual Request: The Missing Key Command Thread

this would be a very nice simple command

1 Like

On and Off for Iterative Quantize.

1 Like

QC Learn Mode - and PLEASE :pray: make it automaticly assighn to empty slot! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• set trackloop to selected events

• set rounded trackloop to selected events

• set rounded locators by selected events

• set trackname by selected preset name

• rename selected Part

• toggle A/B settings in PlugIn (only works for EQ-Setting)

@nohiddencatch

Are all of these already existing functions? ie, you could mouse click them?

If you can’t already accomplish them with a mouse click in the software, then they arent a missing key command, and I would instead make new threads for each as a ‘Feature Request’

Could you explain what you mean by trackloop?

It’s called ‘Independent Track Loop’ and is found in the windowed editors (i think hidden by default in the toolbar options)

The trackloop functions don’t exist, so this would be a “Feature Request”. Renaming a selected part is only available in the infoline. At least the toggle A/B-Settings can be accessed by a mouse click. Sorry for being offtopic :slight_smile:

“The independent track loop is a sort of mini-cycle, affecting only the edited part. When the loop is
activated, the events in the parts that are within the loop will be repeated continuously and
completely independent – other events (on other tracks) are played back as usual. The only
interaction between the loop and the regular playback is that the loop starts every time the cycle
starts over again.”

(from the Cubase 11 manual)

You can do the parts/event naming using PLE.

You can create a script in PLE then add the script to a macro and in the macro, if you bring up the PLE window before initiating the script, it will load that particular script in the PLE.

steps:
-Create the PLE script to rename what you want
-Save the PLE preset as something you can find in Key Commands
-go to Key Commands → Create macro
-Add to macro:
–Edit - Project Logical Editor… (Brings up PLE Window)
–Project Logical Editor - Name of Script You Created
–Assign a key command to this new macro (it will be listed by name under ‘Macro’)

Execute the key command/macro
It will bring up the PLE window and load the script, and you can simply enter the name change in the field. Hit apply.

@nohiddencatch

It’s not really any better than having to use the infoline, but it at least doesn’t require the infoline to be open all the time.

Alternatively, in the mean time, you can use Autohotkey or Apple Script to access the renaming function you want…

1 Like

Ok, got it. There are no buttons to control the independent track loop, it’s a good feature request.

True there is no bring to front.

However with C11 mix consoles 1-3 focus behavior changed. Prior behavior was a silly close/open mix console.

You can assign a KC to focus consoles 1-3.

Devices>Mixer1 or 2 or3.

Am I missing anything here?

yes I’m on 10.5

:grin:

This little improvement was one of the biggest for myself. And it goes mostly unnoticed.

Now what is needed is a way to focus the editors when something else is in focus.

2 Likes

Key command to swich up/down events in Editor window

2 Likes

Append Automation Track(Lane)
append
and ‘Hide Automation Track’

2 Likes

Activate channel strip modules

:bulb:Example:
Noise gate: alt+Num1 (first press activate, 2nd deactivate)
Compressor: alt+Num1 (1 press - compressor, 2 press - tube compressor, 3 press - vintage compressor, 4 deactivate)

Same can goes to Generic remote

There has been a Window Management problem in Cubase since it moved from ‘SX’ to ‘Cubase’… like… you can never really tell whether a window will -really- be ‘on top’.

Close Currently Selected Parent Folder.

There should be a way to close the folder that is the -parent- of whatever track is currently selected without having to actually select that folder.