Another request to see Send names in automation lanes.

I mentioned this a while ago here but I can’t find it, so:

We absolutely need to be able to see what we’ve named our sends, in the automation lanes in the Project window.

Such large amounts of time are wasted going back and forth trying to find out what “sends 4” in an automation lane corresponds to in the mixer. We name our sends for a reason, and we should be able to see in the automation lanes what we’ve named them in the project window/mixer – not just “sends 1”, “sends 2”, etc. I do mixes with sometimes up to 40 or more sends, and it’s a hair-pullingly frustrating thing to deal with. Even on smaller mixes this is a basic usability thing that needs to finally be implemented after years of not being there. If for some reason someone wants it the current way (though it’s hard for me to imagine why), then you can make it an option in Preferences. So, thank you for listening and implementing!

Bump.

Yep. Definitely a +1

Would love to see a ton of +1’s on this – it’s confounding why it isn’t in Cubase after all of these years.

+1 but I would go a bit further. The automation parameter’s drop down list should be editable so we could list our most used ones and not have to click 4-5 times to select a parameter like a send level. If we could edit, sort and rename the parameters of that list, it would be a huge benefit and time saver.

In addition to that, there should always be on top of that list, the last used parameter.

Bump. Please add your +1 to this, Cubase friends – it’s something that will benefit every single user.

+1000

+1
Would be a huge workflow gain for everyone.

+1

This is extremely essential for everyone. Coming from Studio One, I thought maybe I was missing a setting somewhere because this is totally a very basic and important thing when working in a DAW. PLEASE put this in as soon as you possibly can, it’s one of the most maddening things about using Cubase, and it’s not really a feature request because it’s such a basic building block when mixing.

Bump.

+1

+1
A missing workflow enhancement.

+1

I’m a bit shocked that this hasn’t received more support here! Everyone I personally know on Cubase or Nuendo complains about this, from a guy who does small sessions, to composers, to a film mixer.

It seems like such a simple fix, though I could be wrong, and is a complete 100% positive. It’s not even a “feature”, just something that should have been there many years ago and for some reason still isn’t, and it would benefit almost everyone. Let’s get more support rolling for this!

I’m gonna bump this for you! I too am amazed that many aren’t jumping on here. I wonder if many here have only ever been using Cubase like someone said, and don’t know anything better with regards to this?? This isn’t simply a “taste” thing at all, is why I’m so amazed.

+1

+1

+1

+1000 Great Suggestion In_Stereo!
Also CB Please show the names of the sends in Panning tab of Channel Settings window!!! Please see the attached images
Every time I have to adjust the pannig for some of the sends I have to count on which send is the reverb (for example) and then count on the Panning tab which pan to adjust … this is a major flaw. Or at least place a number besides the send.
Same for the Inserts/Routing!
I don’t think the requests are that hard to implement and the Happy musicians will be many :slight_smile:

Thanks!

+1