Any news on Cubase 6 ?

I was just wondering if anyone has heard any news on the upcoming Cubase 6? It’s a new year, I’m building a new sickly-fast DAW this week, I’ve bought some new sample libs, so I think a new Cubase 6 would complete my 2011 “newness” excitement. :smiley:

Love Cubase 5, but I always welcome improvements in performance, workflow, and visual…which I have no doubt that the Cubase 6 will deliver on.

Probably be announced at NAMM

just got this offer for C6 webinar

LIVE Webinar: Tracking, Comping and Editing Drums and Maximum Note Expression with Cubase 6.
Featured Presenter:
Greg Ondo
Steinberg

This webinar will show attendees how to utilize state-of-the-art transient and tempo detection, advanced audio quantization and drum replacement functions - developed in conjunction with recording professionals and top-notch studio drummers - for perfecting the timing, feel and flavor of live-recorded drum tracks. In addition, attendees will learn how to build the perfect take in a simple and streamlined fashion via a new Lane Track concept for lightning-fast multitake comping. When working with multitrack recordings, the new Track Edit Group(s) ties together related events on multiple tracks, saving valuable time in the studio. To round out this webinar, attendees will be introduced to VST Expression 2 - a revolutionary approach to creating and editing multiple controller values in a single graphical interface directly on the note they belong to. Invaluable for demanding orchestral arrangements as well as cutting-edge electronic music, VST Expression 2 reinvents the composer’s editing workflow.

Transient and tempo detection, advanced audio quantization and drum replacement functions
Lane Track concept for lightning-fast multi-take comping
Track Edit Groups when working with multi-track recordings
Creating and editing multiple MIDI controller values, independently, with VST Expression 2
Insane tones for your guitar - VST Amp Rack is a new reference virtual guitar tone suite, featuring seven legendary amp models, sixteen vintage stomp boxes, six classic speaker cabinets and two studio-grade microphone types.
Register today for this FREE online tutorial

About the Mix Tutorial Webinar Series

The Mix Tutorial Webcast Series is a one-of-a-kind, in-depth training program for artists, engineers and producers who want to learn more about specific products and their application in a real-world setting. Hosted by Mix editors and presented by sponsoring manufacturers, the Mix Tutorial Webcast Series goes beyond product introduction to zero in on the insider tips and techniques for technology that is in everyday use in professional audio recording, whether in studio, live or sound-for-picture.

Cubase 6 Give Away

One LIVE webinar attendee will receive SKU# 502012722 , which is a fully-featured version of Cubase 6 with an MSRP value of $599.99.

*No purchase necessary. Webinar registration and live attendance required. This giveaway is void where prohibited by law. The winner will be chosen at random by a member of the Mix editorial staff. Taxes if applicable are the responsibility of the winner. Mix is not liable for anything relating to this giveaway.

Following the presentation, Steinberg’s Greg Ondo will conduct a live Q&A session with attendees.

Register now to attend a MIX Tutorial Webcast featuring Cubase 6

About the Presenter:

Greg Ondo has worked for Steinberg for over 18 years and has done over 1,000 seminars on music software technology. During his time at Steinberg he has worked with Electronic Arts, National Public Radio, Teddy Riley, Peter Frampton, Chuck Ainlay and Elliot Scheiner. He was awarded a TEC award for his work as an audio engineer on Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival.

Ok so the entire midi/audio relationship will be re-designed or is this audio specific?

Well that’s going to drive the Nuendo 5 guys batty. :laughing:

If this is true… It’s nice, I hope! :slight_smile:

On paper it looks to answer the complaints vis a vis Pro Tools – multitrack audio quantize, comp lanes, group editing. The amp sims answer Logic’s latest offering. But seriously, no improvements to Instrument Tracks for multi-out synths and MIDI sends?

What are comping tracks?

It talks about grouping functions for audio but will it exist for midi also?

I know from recording audio lately that not even the container for audio parts takes the name from the track it is on.

About track lanes, will the problem of gluing laned items be “fixed” in that it puts multiple similar parts on subsequent lanes?

I’m not the biggest Cubase fan around here but I imagine that webinar isn’t the entirety of the Cubase update. At least I hope not. Perhaps that’s only what’s covered in the Webinar. We’ll probably know all of the details of the update before the Webinar even happens, if they actually announce at NAMM.

I suspect there is likely more stuff than that.

Anyway, I have no intention of updating but if you still can’t move mixer channels directly I’ll have a good laugh.

They gonna announce 2 new products on Namm 13th January…

Good point.

I’ve always wondered why it’s not all reflective regardless of view so that if you change the order of tracks vertically, it is reflected horizontally in the mixer but how that would be implemented is anyones’ guess.

We need a ‘Cubase 6’ Teaser video at Steinberg.net :laughing:

Yes whatever happened to those instructional videos being uploaded at the old forum, they were very helpful at least conceptually. :nerd:

Spotted this… It’s look the real deal to me :slight_smile:

Got a larger version fastlane?

This one was posted on Gearslutz and I’ve search for a larger one but no luck. Sorry

ye, this small one was included in webinar offer.

And there was also photo of the box of new c6 - new design. Box is still white/blue, but blue is in circle now, with no. 6 in it. :wink:

We need fxp/fxb-conversion, onboard sampler, new all-in-one-view mixer with free routings, and improved instrument-tracks!!!

+1 !!!

Dude, the box… who cares… I mean… nothing to do with the software…

Can you post a pic, please :wink:

Box?

Make it online already!